Thread: Moehrig, Nate Hobbs named to PFF's All-Rookie Team

Moehrig, Nate Hobbs named to PFF's All-Rookie Team

This is really good news for the raiders; something to build on

https://www.raiders.com/news/tre-von...ookie-team-nfl

Good job Hobbs and Moehrig.. well deserved

If we could find out if Gruden influenced our number 1 picks and Mike made the lower round picks it would speak volumes on the job Mike performed.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    If we could find out if Gruden influenced our number 1 picks and Mike made the lower round picks it would speak volumes on the job Mike performed.
    I would think given his workload....Gruden probably is limited to how many players he can really "scout" 30-40-50 or so, if that, he has watched video, gone to practices and games.....so he'd probably studied video of the top 50ish players....Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson....he wanted that speed.

When you look at a player like Arnette, his video shows him defending the run, the physicality...that's why Worley stuck around as long as he did....it didn't matter the scheme the DC was running....it mattered if he fit Gruden's profile....Gruden wanted physical, run defending corners...I would probably lean on Hobbs as a Mayock find...possibility 1 of our scouts, Moehrig was the top safety in the draft....he fit the single high profile of Bradley's defense....so I would think they both loved the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    I would think given his workload....Gruden probably is limited to how many players he can really "scout" 30-40-50 or so, if that, he has watched video, gone to practices and games.....so he'd probably studied video of the top 50ish players....Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson....he wanted that speed.

When you look at a player like Arnette, his video shows him defending the run, the physicality...that's why Worley stuck around as long as he did....it didn't matter the scheme the DC was running....it mattered if he fit Gruden's profile....Gruden wanted physical, run defending corners...I would probably lean on Hobbs as a Mayock find...possibility 1 of our scouts, Moehrig was the top safety in the draft....he fit the single high profile of Bradley's defense....so I would think they both loved the pick.
    I disagree, I think gruden hired mayock to scout players and do the homework on players, gruden would tell him what he needed with input from cable and dcord then they would put them in order of need and mayock would go find em and present em to gruden and the rest of the staff, more homework (interviews/background etc etc) then come draft day it was value/need prop where mayock would have huge influence, I read an interview where mike was bragging about watching josh jacobs tape and then he ran the tape into gruden office and made his case about taking him rd 1 which gruden after watching tape agreed to, it is way way over blown on the 51/49 nature of power between gruden/mayock, we all know gruden is an offensive guy whom love qbs, well we drafted no qbs during grudens yrs with mayock, that to me says a lot

mike mayock has been a disaster as a gm,ext contracts/redoing contracts just look at the nassib redo and the Littleton redo or the Richard deal last yr ,the raiders r now stuck with huge last yr deals that can't be changed or else huge dead cap space, anyone think gruden had anything to do with those deals ??? i don't

Staring to build a core of young defenders. Need to keep adding talent.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    ....we all know gruden is an offensive guy whom love qbs, well we drafted no qbs during grudens yrs with mayock, that to me says a lot...
    Gruden was also know for not trusting young QBs. He always preferred a vet, like Gannon. Too you only find a hidden gem like that very rarely.