Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Bisaccia has earned the coaching job in Las Vegas

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    2,993

    Bisaccia has earned the coaching job in Las Vegas

    <The 61-year-old has stabilized a franchise rocked by controversy and tragedy, from the Jon Gruden resignation to the Henry Ruggs situation. Bisaccia has, through the adversity, kept a steady hand and nudged the Raiders to the postseason with four straight wins.

    Also on his permanent record? A win in a regular-season game that will be permanently remembered by anyone who witnessed it.>

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-in-las-vegas/

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    2,993
    I am kinda on the boat where we should keep the same coaching staff on board going into 2022....got a lot of positive stuff going into 2022; even Edwards is starting to shine as a wide receiver...

  3. #3
    I agree. Rich has earned it. Players play hard for him and love him.

  4. #4
    I couldn't disagree more. This years team has talent and can play at a top level. They have proven that, they also have proven that they are often unprepared and outsmarted on game plan. This is a direct reflection of a HC who has never been a HC. I am not saying he is a bad coach, just that the idea of the team barely eeeking out a play off birth after a mostly abysmal showing somehow speaks towards needing to keep him around is a bad idea. The ONLY way he stays on as HC is if no other quality candidates want the job. This team has consistently looked completely unprepared since he has taken over as HC, lost confused and not giving a shit. Horrible blow out bumbling losses. This team NEEDS a quality HC, and with the team showing flashes of talent and making it (albeit barely) into the playoffs makes it a real possibility that the team can attract one.

  5. #5
    Im for keeping rich if he gets us past cincy

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    2,993
    Quote Originally Posted by JD707 View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. This years team has talent and can play at a top level. They have proven that, they also have proven that they are often unprepared and outsmarted on game plan. This is a direct reflection of a HC who has never been a HC. I am not saying he is a bad coach, just that the idea of the team barely eeeking out a play off birth after a mostly abysmal showing somehow speaks towards needing to keep him around is a bad idea. The ONLY way he stays on as HC is if no other quality candidates want the job. This team has consistently looked completely unprepared since he has taken over as HC, lost confused and not giving a shit. Horrible blow out bumbling losses. This team NEEDS a quality HC, and with the team showing flashes of talent and making it (albeit barely) into the playoffs makes it a real possibility that the team can attract one.
    Richie has never been a HC before and you
    have to give him pass on some of the mistakes
    that he has made…..you really have to look at
    the players that are playing for Richie and they
    are playing hard for him….If Al Davis was alive;
    Richie would already be the Head Coach of the
    raiders….but I do not know what Mark Davis will
    do…..

    One thing that I can say; is that this raider team
    has the best defense in the last 20 years…the defense
    has really kept us in the game…

  7. #7
    We have one starting calibrate wideout. A great tight end who has been out the last part of the season and same with the RB. Our right oline has been terrible and we won 4 in a row when this team could of quit. Add the Gurden, Huggs, Arentte nonsense and its amazing we are in the playoffs. The guy deserves a season or two with some improvements were mentioned and a full training camp to make the team his own.

    Like a talking head recently said, sometimes the answer is right in front of you.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    we have one starting calibrate wideout. A great tight end who has been out the last part of the season and same with the rb. Our right oline has been terrible and we won 4 in a row when this team could of quit. Add the gurden, huggs, arentte nonsense and its amazing we are in the playoffs. The guy deserves a season or two with some improvements were mentioned and a full training camp to make the team his own.

    Like a talking head recently said, sometimes the answer is right in front of you.
    im starting to lean on keeping basaccia, if we move to the next round and beat cincy ill be all the way for keeping rich as hc

  9. #9
    There were a lot of issues, where we weren't prepared for, the Bolts 2 point try, we had to burn a timeout....our 2 point try where we almost did not even get it off. The late game play calling in regulation, why did we all of the sudden get cute and use Mariota in the same scheme on back to back plays? Those are the kind of things he needs to get inside coordinators ears and say, between the tackles and on 3 straight....run 2 minutes off the board or get them to cough up timeouts. Minor things that is the margin between winning and losing in this league. I think these things can be improved upon with experience.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    We have one starting calibrate wideout. A great tight end who has been out the last part of the season and same with the RB. Our right oline has been terrible and we won 4 in a row when this team could of quit. Add the Gurden, Huggs, Arentte nonsense and its amazing we are in the playoffs. The guy deserves a season or two with some improvements were mentioned and a full training camp to make the team his own.

    Like a talking head recently said, sometimes the answer is right in front of you.
    Which is why I am saying the team has some talent and thats why they are in the playoffs, minus O line, which has been terrrible for the most part. They lack guidance, direction and prep. I feel like HC has been overwhelming for him and thats not a knock on him, this season with all the crazy shit and tragedy would have been too much for almost anyone. The team has a real chance for a Real HC this off season and the only way I would stick with Rich is if the other options didnt pan out, but they should absolutely be looking for a proven HC and I am sure thats exactly what they will do. I am also not convinced Al would have wanted to stick with Rich but probably would have had no choice, in his later years he was notoriously awful at aquiring and evaluating coaching as he refused to relinquish any control.

    In short he most definitely does NOT "deserve" to have the job for a few years, that's an awful strategy to go with him just because he happened to be the guy to step in on a team that should have played much better than they did. The team almost tanked after he took over, and to his credit he managed to right the ship. For that he deserves the chance to be an option for consideration, hes earned that, but based on what he has done so far that does not entitle him to coach the team for a few more years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •