Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raiders @ Bengals

Raiders @ Bengals

We have a top five defense, 7th in passing and 31st in rushing. The chiefs definitely out match the steelers. The bills are the most balanced team in the league, followed by the patriots. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but I think the bills go to the superbowl. If the raiders can manage to put together a run game the defense will win this game for us. Fortunately, the chiefs have one of the worst defense.

No, we are not a top 5 defense. We are 13th in Pass & 19th in run defense. Now if the offensive strategy next week is based of a run game then we will get our behinds kicked. Cincinatti defense is ranked 5 in run defense & 26th in pass defense. Derek Carr needs to bring his A-game against the Bengals, so the strategy needs to be a pass-first offense. Carr should plan on throwing the football to Josh Jacobs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by raider jim View Post
    We have a top five defense, 7th in passing and 31st in rushing. The chiefs definitely out match the steelers. The bills are the most balanced team in the league, followed by the patriots. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but I think the bills go to the superbowl. If the raiders can manage to put together a run game the defense will win this game for us. Fortunately, the chiefs have one of the worst defense.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_ghost View Post
    No, we are not a top 5 defense. We are 13th in Pass & 19th in run defense. Now if the offensive strategy next week is based of a run game then we will get our behinds kicked. Cincinatti defense is ranked 5 in run defense & 26th in pass defense. Derek Carr needs to bring his A-game against the Bengals, so the strategy needs to be a pass-first offense. Carr should plan on throwing the football to Josh Jacobs as well.
    I agree attack the opponents weaknesses not their strengths, that worked vs the chargers whom were a run funnel defense, now attack cincy via the air with run sprinkled in and yes throw to the rbs

Waller was a little off against the Chargers. I think he will improve with a week of practice. For some reason, Carr seems to play better on the road and cold weather
    doesn't bother him as much. I like our chances going into Cincinnati. I see the game being decided at the very end again.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Waller was a little off against the Chargers. I think he will improve with a week of practice. For some reason, Carr seems to play better on the road and cold weather
    doesn't bother him as much. I like our chances going into Cincinnati. I see the game being decided at the very end again.
    in other words expect to have another heart attack or a few strokes lol

Did Waller play in the first Cincinnati game?

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Did Waller play in the first Cincinnati game?
    Yeah he played...but I do think Foster Moreau is also playing very well;

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Yeah he played...but I do think Foster Moreau is also playing very well;
    I dont. I think Moreau has regressed tremendously. Has been dropping a lot of passes as of late (didnt vs Chargers though) but more importantly, he is missing a lot of his blocks. Rewatch the last few games. You will see Moreau whiff on some important blocks and often times just seemed off for some reason. Not sure if injured...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    I dont. I think Moreau has regressed tremendously. Has been dropping a lot of passes as of late (didnt vs Chargers though) but more importantly, he is missing a lot of his blocks. Rewatch the last few games. You will see Moreau whiff on some important blocks and often times just seemed off for some reason. Not sure if injured...
    I agree with you. He is just not consistent with catches and especially with blocking. When he whiffs, he tends to hold. I remember a couple drive killing holds from him. He needs to step the hell up against Cincinnati. Well, everyone needs to step it up next game. Honestly, I think it's a game we can win.

Great to see the Raiders win in dramatic fashion. Yet again.

I'm not sure why this team has to make every game interesting. It's almost as if we take our feet off the gas once we get a lead. We had a 15-point lead in Sunday's game about halfway through the fourth quarter and still had to win it in overtime.

I have to say that on the Chargers fourth down pass that got them the TD to stay in the game when we had a 15-point lead, Ngakoue was being held big time by the Chargers' left tackle. It should have been called, as the tackle had his hands on both shoulders, on the outside, and was clearly holding on the play. His white gloves were easy to spot on the outside, grabbing the jersey and holding Yannick. That call right then and there would have essentially ended the game.

Derek Carr only threw for about a buck 80 in yards, but we still won. He missed a wide open Waller for a big play and a wide open Zay Jones for what would have been a TD. Otherwise, he played well and seemed to move in the pocket as well as he did earlier in his career.

Love the grit of this team, but we have to do better against Cincy.

Go Raiders.