Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 117

Thread: A Trade of Carr (please no!) Gets Us What?

  1. #1

    A Trade of Carr (please no!) Gets Us What?

    Please make this an honest conversation. If we were to trade Derrek Carr, what do you think we would get in return? How would you use those picks/players to make the team better? How long will it take for us to make the playoffs with the new quarterback?

    I think trading Carr sets us back. Waaaaaaaaay back. He is the best player on this team. I think a team like Tennessee would love to have him for Tannehill and a first round pick. So in my opinion we get Gannon JV (yes, junior varsity) and a #28ish first round pick. So we pick the center from Iowa at #28 Linderbaum (God I hate the Hawkeyes) and wait until 2023 to draft Alabama QB Bryce Young beacause we'll be drafting early. Way early. Otherwise, if we're lucky, really lucky, instead of Linderbaum, maybe we can get Malik Willis this year. No other QB this year will excite me.

    In more exciting news, not to distract from this topic, the next Kenny Stabler will be draft eligible in 2023 or 2024, whenever he decides to go pro. But lets keep it to this year unless you have a plan to put into place before we draft a QB in 2023.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    2,993
    Draft Jordan Davis DT....massive big body NT for the line

  3. #3
    its not what derek carr gets us, its what trading derek carr does for the organization, nobody is saying he is a bad QB, most acknowledge he is good but not great in a division with 2 stud qbs and denver searching for its great QB that would leave the raiders with the worst QB in the division

    can we all agree on derek carr ???

    1. he will avg close to 4000 yds
    2. he will avg between 8-12 ints
    3. he will throw for about 25 tds
    4. he will fumble a shit ton every yr
    5. he will lock down on his wrs with check downs way too early
    6.he will not throw to a wr unless he gets separation immediately
    7.he will not throw a 50/50 pass or let the wr make a play on a ball
    8. he will choose the wrong target in crucial moments of games
    9. he can but refuses to make plays with his legs (fear)
    10. he gets rattled big time after getting hit a few times and curls up

    one of my biggest criticism of derek carr is he is not a leader and instead wants to be friends

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    its not what derek carr gets us, its what trading derek carr does for the organization, nobody is saying he is a bad QB, most acknowledge he is good but not great in a division with 2 stud qbs and denver searching for its great QB that would leave the raiders with the worst QB in the division

    can we all agree on derek carr ???

    1. he will avg close to 4000 yds
    2. he will avg between 8-12 ints
    3. he will throw for about 25 tds
    4. he will fumble a shit ton every yr
    5. he will lock down on his wrs with check downs way too early
    6.he will not throw to a wr unless he gets separation immediately
    7.he will not throw a 50/50 pass or let the wr make a play on a ball
    8. he will choose the wrong target in crucial moments of games
    9. he can but refuses to make plays with his legs (fear)
    10. he gets rattled big time after getting hit a few times and curls up

    one of my biggest criticism of derek carr is he is not a leader and instead wants to be friends
    But this isn't what I intended for this thread to be about. It's about trading Carr and what you think or hope the trade will bring and what you would do with new assets to make us a better team. We have enough threads going back and forth about Carr's strengths and weaknesses.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Draft Jordan Davis DT....massive big body NT for the line
    So you're saying trading Carr will put us in position to draft this guy?

  6. #6
    The Titans are winning games and going to the playoffs yearly with Tannehill. No way are they trading draft capitol for Carr. Plus, they have a large contract with Tannehill already. Possible they can’t trade him.

    Bryce Young = Tua 2.0. Miami is possibly still searching for a QB.

    2 low 1st for Carr doesn’t seem unreasonable from a team like the Saints or a combination of a higher 1st + from the Panthers. They would be good fits for Carr.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    2,993
    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRaider View Post
    So you're saying trading Carr will put us in position to draft this guy?
    Just saying we now have two edge pass rushers;
    If we get Davis would be big for line….

    I really think Carr has been shop on trade market
    and Gruden could not get much for him; do not know think
    anybody will give whole lot for Carr; maybe a first
    round and that it…

  8. #8
    I think its not about Carr, but a fresh start with a new QB since we haven't won anything with Carr. But franchise QBs are hard to find. I say stay with Carr for 1 more year unless we can get Rodgers.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Poconos, PA
    Posts
    6,704
    In June, Carr said he would rather retire than play for another team.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...eam/ar-AAL5lVA

    I would not be surprised if he did exactly that, retire. If so, we would not get anything in a trade.
    The Raiders would get back his' cap hit and that's all.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    In June, Carr said he would rather retire than play for another team.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...eam/ar-AAL5lVA

    I would not be surprised if he did exactly that, retire. If so, we would not get anything in a trade.
    The Raiders would get back his' cap hit and that's all.
    trade him with one yr left on a contract "carr has no choice but to play" if he retires we save his cap and still go get a qb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •