Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to start Mariota

Time to start Mariota

I am sick of it, fellow fans. Carr is inconsistent. He starts games off slow. He plays scared. He shows little pocket awareness. He rarely uses his feet to extend plays or to run for first downs. He is what he is.

We need to start Mariota to try to give this team a spark.

If we do not, our new slogan should be Commitment to Mediocrity.

I am tired of seeing this team start the season with promise, lose to three or four teams we should beat soundly, then fall out of the playoffs.

Even my stepson, at 16 said that Carr is not a great QB. He saw it. I saw it. We cannot win with Carr consistently.

To make the playoffs, you win at least half of your tough games and win the games you should win. Carr has faltered each and every year.

since the season is over we may as well let Marcus play and see what we got since were paying his ass good cash for bench warming essentially,off-season trade carr off for picks and go after aaron rodgers/russell wilson or deshaun watson

ps while were at it fire mike mayock as well

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    I am sick of it, fellow fans. Carr is inconsistent. He starts games off slow. He plays scared. He shows little pocket awareness. He rarely uses his feet to extend plays or to run for first downs. He is what he is.

We need to start Mariota to try to give this team a spark.

If we do not, our new slogan should be Commitment to Mediocrity.

I am tired of seeing this team start the season with promise, lose to three or four teams we should beat soundly, then fall out of the playoffs.

Even my stepson, at 16 said that Carr is not a great QB. He saw it. I saw it. We cannot win with Carr consistently.

To make the playoffs, you win at least half of your tough games and win the games you should win. Carr has faltered each and every year.
    Carr so up and down, he not consistent, time to move on, but we won’t.

Only time Mariota will start over Carr is if he get hurt; ....

As a starter

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Only time Mariota will start over Carr is if he get hurt; ....
    Carr has only won three of his last nine games.

Time to yank him.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    Carr has only won three of his last nine games.

Time to yank him.
    I hear you and I agree; but it won’t happen as
    the intern HC does not have the guts to do that….

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    I hear you and I agree; but it won’t happen as
    the intern HC does not have the guts to do that….
    The intern HC and idiotic OC didnt have the intelligence to put in Mariota on the 2pt conversion either. Mariota was our best chance to get the 2 points. Yes, i know the play was open and Carr overthrew receiver but Carr is horrendous on clutch short yardage plays such as goalline, 4th and inches etc... he never seems to get it. Whereas I dont recall Mariota NOT getting it. Just plain stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    The intern HC and idiotic OC didnt have the intelligence to put in Mariota on the 2pt conversion either. Mariota was our best chance to get the 2 points. Yes, i know the play was open and Carr overthrew receiver but Carr is horrendous on clutch short yardage plays such as goalline, 4th and inches etc... he never seems to get it. Whereas I dont recall Mariota NOT getting it. Just plain stupidity.
    I don't know; Mark Davis did not put the right guy in as HC...after Gruden resigned; Davis should have put Bradley in as HC...the thing is Biscaria was just a special team coach and he really is in over his head; nothing we can do about it now as we will be getting a new HC in the off-season...

I'd be happy if they would use Mariota on 25% of the snaps. When they brought him in with Derek the defense looked confused. And why he isn't used in short yardage and 2 point conversion drives me mad.

I'm not big fan of Carr, but right now he's the best QB on this team and is probably among the top 15-20 QBs in the NFL. Yesterday he was not the problem. His pocket awareness was better than I've seen in the past. He's playing without his top receiver and he has little deep threat. The offensive line is weak, the running game has been anemic all year.