Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Davis Will Decide Mike Mayock Future After Season

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Mark Davis Will Decide Mike Mayock Future After Season

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    How about a new owner? Going be same shit, just different season.

ownership is fine, mark has done an amazing job on the business end leaving the RAIDERS ORGANIZATION IN GREAT SHAPE, what now needed is to hire a real gm and an innovative coach followed by new QB and we will right the ship, mark runs this team like a good owner he doesn't mettle and leaves his team to run the club "we just need the right team now"

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    ownership is fine, mark has done an amazing job on the business end leaving the RAIDERS ORGANIZATION IN GREAT SHAPE, what now needed is to hire a real gm and an innovative coach followed by new QB and we will right the ship, mark runs this team like a good owner he doesn't mettle and leaves his team to run the club "we just need the right team now"
    Mark just needs to hire the GM and then step aside. Give the GM full control of the football side....not no, going over Mumbles and hiring Gruden, then bring in Mayock....got to do it the right way. Honestly, if Ron Wolf wants to comeback and be the VP of football operations, I will take that, he would hire the GM and the GM would be in charge of player personnel and would hire the HC as well.

If Mark Davis sold the team; then I think the raiders would lose a major part of the team that goes back to the past...I would like Mark to stay as owner; but bring in a GM that will run his own show...like Jon Gruden did when he came; yet this new GM has to have a good record in the past;

Wouldn’t be opposed to Theo Riddick, very well thought of. I like Mayock and would like to see what he could do by himself but a change just for the simple reason of putting all that’s happened this year in the rear view mirror might be what’s needed.

i give mark a pass on mumbles, nobody wanted the job except mumbles plus he was highly recommended by ron wolf I believe, gruden brought mayock and mark went along and didn't stick his nose in on their plan

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin32 View Post
    Wouldn’t be opposed to Theo Riddick, very well thought of. I like Mayock and would like to see what he could do by himself but a change just for the simple reason of putting all that’s happened this year in the rear view mirror might be what’s needed.
    Only problem with Mayock is that he never
    been a GM before; I rather go with someone
    with proven record on another team than Mayock

Not sure if Mayock would go for it or not, but the Raiders should offer for him to stay on in a slightly smaller role. i.e. Assistant GM..
    Bring in somebody with a proven track record / lots of experience and give him GM title..
    Mayock can learn under this experienced GM and still provide his insight and recommendations regarding college talent coming out each year.
    Most people will not typically take a demotion and stay on with a franchise, nor does a franchise typically do something like this for multiple reasons, but Mayock is a Raider loyalist, and IMHO hasn't done a bad job at all.. yes he has made mistakes but who hasn't. A few more years of learning under somebody and Mayock can be one of the best GMs in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Not sure if Mayock would go for it or not, but the Raiders should offer for him to stay on in a slightly smaller role. i.e. Assistant GM..
    Bring in somebody with a proven track record / lots of experience and give him GM title..
    Mayock can learn under this experienced GM and still provide his insight and recommendations regarding college talent coming out each year.
    Most people will not typically take a demotion and stay on with a franchise, nor does a franchise typically do something like this for multiple reasons, but Mayock is a Raider loyalist, and IMHO hasn't done a bad job at all.. yes he has made mistakes but who hasn't. A few more years of learning under somebody and Mayock can be one of the best GMs in the league.
    I don't see it mayock would look like an idiot/faialure if he took a demotion to work under somebody else