Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mark Davis Will Decide Mike Mayock Future After Season

Mark Davis is part of the Raiders tradition and he will keep it.
    Does anyone want a new owner to come in and change the uniforms? How about a new name? Different colors? Drop the logo for a picture of a slot machine?
    Most of the teams want a new stadium and Mark Davis got one. He is doing his' part as an owner. He just needs to make the right changes to the staff.
    Nobody wanted to play on the raw sewage in Oakland. Vegas has one of the elite stadiums in the country. Davis has to get the right person and he now has the money and stadium to attract the right candidates.

I'd say MM is as good as gone!

Hire a new GM, a new coach and move on from DC!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Mark Davis is part of the Raiders tradition and he will keep it.
    Does anyone want a new owner to come in and change the uniforms? How about a new name? Different colors? Drop the logo for a picture of a slot machine?
    When's the last time a new owner came in and made wholesale changes to the team's: uniform, name, colors, logo, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Raidermackin View Post
    When's the last time a new owner came in and made wholesale changes to the team's: uniform, name, colors, logo, etc?
    Just look around the league the league at all of the gawdy uniforms. A lot of them look more like Arena League uniforms than the traditional NFL uniforms.

Titans, Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, Jaguars, Vikings, Browns (finally went back to their old ones), Buccaneers, Falcons, Bengals, Eagles, Jets to name a bunch. At one time they all had great looking classic NFL uniforms and now wear trash uniforms. I don't want some new owner trying to tweak the greatest uniform and logo in the history of team sports. We'd end up with a garbage, redundant black helmet with God awful new age stripes all over the uniform. Mark Davis and Derrick Carr are the least of our problems.

Also, with Mark building a new home in Vegas that looks like the headquarters and stadium, I doubt he is looking to sell. And give Mayock a chance to GM with him making the draft decisions on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRaider View Post
    Just look around the league the league at all of the gawdy uniforms. A lot of them look more like Arena League uniforms than the traditional NFL uniforms.

Titans, Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, Jaguars, Vikings, Browns (finally went back to their old ones), Buccaneers, Falcons, Bengals, Eagles, Jets to name a bunch. At one time they all had great looking classic NFL uniforms and now wear trash uniforms. I don't want some new owner trying to tweak the greatest uniform and logo in the history of team sports. We'd end up with a garbage, redundant black helmet with God awful new age stripes all over the uniform. Mark Davis and Derrick Carr are the least of our problems.

Also, with Mark building a new home in Vegas that looks like the headquarters and stadium, I doubt he is looking to sell. And give Mayock a chance to GM with him making the draft decisions on his own.
    I'm not giving mike mayock a pass for drafting he was responsible for at least the defensive screw ups like cle,arnett,muse and on offense we know josh was mayocks child he brought it to gruden and both looked at his film and decided 1st rd but even if you wanna give mayock a pass on the draft picks he has no excuse for his contract ext and structures which have been atrocius saddling us with a bunch of dead cap space now and into the future, some are so bad we gotta let the contracts nearly run out before cutting em

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    I'm not giving mike mayock a pass for drafting he was responsible for at least the defensive screw ups like cle,arnett,muse and on offense we know josh was mayocks child he brought it to gruden and both looked at his film and decided 1st rd but even if you wanna give mayock a pass on the draft picks he has no excuse for his contract ext and structures which have been atrocius saddling us with a bunch of dead cap space now and into the future, some are so bad we gotta let the contracts nearly run out before cutting em
    I thought the restructures were more of Gruden, but since he's been gone, we've kicked Richard's money down the street when Ruggs was dumped. So, Mayock.....I like RM's style of pay as you go.....but would RM have kicked down can, if we were 2 players away?

What we're sitting on huge hits next year for Nassib, Kwit, Littleton....if the plan was to extend Carr and work the 19 hit down to maybe half....it makes a bit of sense to toss those cans down the street...but the up and down Carr....not sure if you give him another 5 years 30 per with half guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    I thought the restructures were more of Gruden, but since he's been gone, we've kicked Richard's money down the street when Ruggs was dumped. So, Mayock.....I like RM's style of pay as you go.....but would RM have kicked down can, if we were 2 players away?

What we're sitting on huge hits next year for Nassib, Kwit, Littleton....if the plan was to extend Carr and work the 19 hit down to maybe half....it makes a bit of sense to toss those cans down the street...but the up and down Carr....not sure if you give him another 5 years 30 per with half guaranteed.
    don't forget he richard and drake deals, Richard sucks and barely even plays and drake wasn't even used by gruden making me think that was a mayock deal

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    don't forget he richard and drake deals, Richard sucks and barely even plays and drake wasn't even used by gruden making me think that was a mayock deal
    I tend to think given the amount of hype both received from Gruden, that they were his choice. Gruden first commented that Richard is a Charlie Garner clone...thus signing him, then resigning him....I think it's Gruden. Then the Drake signing....Gruden said Drake can be line up as a WR. NFL reality, you really only need 2 active RB's on game day. The 3rd is just insurance to the 53 man....which is Richard....can Richard tote the ball 20 times a game, hell no.....no reason to keep him around, when you can develop a guy behind him. Even now, we use Richard on 3rd downs or pass downs....which is a dead giveaway as to what we are doing. Would have loved to see more Jacobs on 3rd down. Just how excited Gruden was Day 1 with both guys....suggests to me they were both Gruden guys.
    Last edited by Raiderjohn622; 11-29-2021 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    I tend to think given the amount of hype both received from Gruden, that they were his choice. Gruden first commented that Richard is a Charlie Garner clone...thus signing him, then resigning him....I think it's Gruden. Then the Drake signing....Gruden said Drake can be line up as a WR. NFL reality, you really only need 2 active RB's on game day. The 3rd is just insurance to the 53 man....which is Richard....can Richard tote the ball 20 times a game, hell no.....no reason to keep him around, when you can develop a guy behind him. Even now, we use Richard on 3rd downs or pass downs....which is a dead giveaway as to what we are doing. Would have loved to see more Jacobs on 3rd down. Just how excited Gruden was Day 1 with both guys....suggests to me they were both Gruden guys.

I agree. I also think Mark gives Mike more say for at least two more seasons and see what he can do on his own.