Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Attributes of an elite QB

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    You think the Texans would take Carr for Watson straight up? I know Watson is far superior to Carr on the field, but given his off field concerns, Watson’s stock is probably at an all time low right now ..
    no, not straight up but it would cut into the comp for watson whom they want 3 1st rd picks plus more, I think carr can take off 2 1st rd pick making the price much more doable

Quote Originally Posted by ILRaidersfan23 View Post
    Personally, i would not want Watson. We have had enough boneheads on this team to last a lifetime. Knowing our luck, we trade for him and then he gets suspended for the rest of his career after we pay him some stupid ass contract that is fully guaranteed.
    not advocating watson unless he gets it all cleared up before we trade for him, all of this sh.it would end if watson paid off those women imo

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    While it would be great to be able to have a veteran, elite QB on the roster, this team needs to rebuild. You can't do that when saddled with a $30M or $40M quarterback.

Let's sign a solid veteran at a reasonable price, draft a QB in the first round and groom him to take over, like KC did Mahomes. We can trade Carr for a couple of draft picks and perhaps a starting player. Carr is not a bad quarterback and someone in the NFL will look at this stats and think they can turn him into a great quarterback.

I actually think that without the injuries at cornerback and linebacker (i.e., Mullen, Morrow, White, etc.) we could have had a top 10 defense. Add a couple more pieces, get our defensive players healthy and we could compete. By trading Carr, we will have a lot of cap space to begin rebuilding our offensive line. We're not that far away. We just need leadership.
    this is exactly why a trade makes sense we free up 23 million to soften the blow on watsons contract or rodgers/wilsons contract leaving us in good shape minus a huge question mark with derek carr

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Living on the east coast all the Jet and Giant fans are screaming like us to blow up the team and get new QB's...except for a couple of teams, the league sucks in general.
    their are multiple teams that would take derek carr as the starter he is accurate and still young with a good contract structure

Rogers,Adams for Carr and picks....
    Fu#k The Rest

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    their are multiple teams that would take derek carr as the starter he is accurate and still young with a good contract structure
    I agree, but who replaced him? Other than Rodgers I see no other QB available who could be much more of an improvement. We will be drafting in the middle and what QB coming out would improve the team? Maybe in a few years IF they got lucky. And we know how badly this team drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    The thing is, unless Deshaun Watson somehow gets out of legal trouble I don't think there's any FA QB out there that is better than Carr. Unless we just want to get rid of him and sign a guy like Sam Darnold, there's really no upgrade over him. Rookie QB class is very weak.
    Agreed. I like Carr but am also up for an upgrade to the position if one is there but there isn't currently. Would rather draft a guy we can have learn for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by srfndoc View Post
    Agreed. I like Carr but am also up for an upgrade to the position if one is there but there isn't currently. Would rather draft a guy we can have learn for a year.
    This is the way I'm leaning as well. Current staff outside of Bradley's defensive assistants looks like goners...will probably want to start with a fresh arm.......AND fresh mind. Now is this the draft where we can find a future QB...

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    I agree, but who replaced him? Other than Rodgers I see no other QB available who could be much more of an improvement. We will be drafting in the middle and what QB coming out would improve the team? Maybe in a few years IF they got lucky. And we know how badly this team drafts.
    I would respectfully disagree with the thought of who would replace him, to justify keeping him...Hopefully Mark does right with the GM/Coach combo and we will get better results from the draft.....And Carr is playing like shit again and we've seen this from him alot...Look where Carr has us right now...Sure it can get worse but dam were only lookin like we're gona win 7 games max, so it can't get much worse...
    Fu#k The Rest

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    aaron rodgers is free after this season, russelll wilson and deshaun can get free in a trade ...all 3 of these guys are much better then derek carr
    True but I left out Rodgers and Wilson because I don't think we realistically have a shot. Unless we vastly improve our offensive line and sign a top WR. PLUS send their teams a massive load of picks. Also assuming we sign a top OC as a head coach. Someone would have to convince Mark to green light the everything. Can Mayock do that or will the NFL and Goodell prevent that from happening?