Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Attributes of an elite QB

Elite QBs don't shit the bed for weeks at a time....
    Fu#k The Rest

Quote Originally Posted by Raidermackin View Post
    I'd say the no. 1 thing he's missing is he doesn't read the defense well. I don't know if it's a lack of preparation, film study, intelligence, I don't know.

But, all the great QBs can really dissect a defense well. When a QB gets to the line, he knows what the defense is running and in his mind, he already knows how he's going to beat this defensive alignment.

It's like a chess match between the elite QBs and the defense. Carr seems like he's playing checkers with the defense. He never seems to be one step ahead of the defense. Brady and Manning always seemed to be one step ahead. Carr is like one step behind.

I think this is the biggest attribute that's holding him back. He just doesn't read the defense well.
    That a really good point; but you have to remember Carr does not have a wide receiver that he can trust; this year he really has no-one; If Agolhar was with the Raiders I am sure Carr be looking for him...I mean we had a few in this forum going get rid of Gabe Jackson; get rid of Hudson...and Gruden did and the line got worst, which also effect Carr playing....

Carr played his best when he had Cooper and Crabtree as his wide-out; and since then he really never had anybody....I know he got an all pro TE, but the defense know that all Carr got and they blanket Waller most of the game...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    That a really good point; but you have to remember Carr does not have a wide receiver that he can trust; this year he really has no-one; If Agolhar was with the Raiders I am sure Carr be looking for him...I mean we had a few in this forum going get rid of Gabe Jackson; get rid of Hudson...and Gruden did and the line got worst, which also effect Carr playing....

Carr played his best when he had Cooper and Crabtree as his wide-out; and since then he really never had anybody....I know he got an all pro TE, but the defense know that all Carr got and they blanket Waller most of the game...
    Yeah, he's talented as hell, no denying that. If he had great WRs and a great offensive line and time to throw and WRs are getting open, and an aggressive play caller, no doubt, Carr can and will get the job done.

But I still don't think he reads defenses well.

I mean, Russell Wilson performs every single year in Seattle and what's he really had to work with over the years?

Quote Originally Posted by Raidermackin View Post
    Yeah, he's talented as hell, no denying that. If he had great WRs and a great offensive line and time to throw and WRs are getting open, and an aggressive play caller, no doubt, Carr can and will get the job done.

But I still don't think he reads defenses well.

I mean, Russell Wilson performs every single year in Seattle and what's he really had to work with over the years?
    russell wilson has studs at wr in metcalf,lockett currently and he has also had the privilege of playing with elite defense as well as elite rb, carr has never had a elite wr1, elite defense or elite rb, I think carr would be perfect for a loaded team needing a QB, our defense is top 15 currently, our wr are a ragtag bunch minus ruggs and our oline stinks (Simpson,leatherwood,parker)

ps carr plus jacobs and a 1st to seattle for russell wilson

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    russell wilson has studs at wr in metcalf,lockett currently and he has also had the privilege of playing with elite defense as well as elite rb, carr has never had a elite wr1, elite defense or elite rb, I think carr would be perfect for a loaded team needing a QB, our defense is top 15 currently, our wr are a ragtag bunch minus ruggs and our oline stinks (Simpson,leatherwood,parker)

ps carr plus jacobs and a 1st to seattle for russell wilson
    Russell Wilson's been in the league for 10 years now. This guy has performed all 10 years. Wilson's had stud teammates for all 10 years? This is the same guy that was complaining in the offseason about how bad his offensive line is?

Quick name all the stud WRs and TEs Seattle's had over the last 10 years...

2015 numbers:

4,024 yds
    110.1 rating
    34 TD
    8 INT

Quick, name the stud WRs and TEs that year.
    While you're at it, name the stud RB that year.
    Last edited by Raidermackin; 11-25-2021 at 06:12 AM.

I’d say Doug Baldwin and Tyler Lockett are better than any WR on our current roster.

Quote Originally Posted by _db_ View Post
    I’d say Doug Baldwin and Tyler Lockett are better than any WR on our current roster.
    How much credit does Russell Wilson get for making Doug Baldwin look good? That's pretty amazing to get 34 TDs out of that receiving corps. Derek Carr's career high is 32 TDs. He only went over 30 TDs one time in his 8 yr career.
    Last edited by Raidermackin; 11-25-2021 at 03:36 PM.

Baldwin had a solid career. 2016 he had 1100 yards and almost 1000 in 2017. I don’t think you can attribute all of that solely to Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by _db_ View Post
    Baldwin had a solid career. 2016 he had 1100 yards and almost 1000 in 2017. I don’t think you can attribute all of that solely to Wilson.
    Then where do you draw the line? If a QB does well, his receivers will put up good numbers. Then you say, he had good receivers. If a QB doesn't do well, his receivers won't put up good numbers. Then you say he didn't have good receivers. So, where do you draw the line? Or which came first?

Carr has played 8 years. He's never had receivers as good as Doug Baldwin? Seriously?

ok, let's look at another of Russell Wilson's years: 2018

Rating: 110.9
    TD: 35
    INT: 7

Who were the great WRs and TEs that he had that year?

I don’t think I said any of that. You wanted to know who he had in 2015 to throw the ball to, obviously insinuating that he had a bunch of scrubs. He also had a HOF tight end who had 1200 receiving yards just two years earlier.

I’m not going to keep looking up stats for you, look them up yourself and post them here to support your argument but we all know that stats can be twisted to bolster any position so we are just wasting our breath here. There is no stat that’s going to prove if Baldwin would have been better or worse on another team.