Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Debate; is it time to trade Carr….

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    I agree with the echo chamber.

1. Carr is the LEAST of our problems. We need offensive line help and DB depth.

2. Only trade for Deshaun if all his legal accusations are dropped. Even then, with all that happened with Gruden's AOL account the Raider's PR staff will probably advise against it anyways.
    Yep, hopefully drafts improve going forward. Can only think Gruden made most of the picks. Gruden has a deep playbook, but is ultra conservative, no way we go up 3 scores with him leading things yesterday. We have to finish teams off. Let our pass rush focus on one thing. It was Denver yesterday, not too competitive personnel wise. But a win is a win in this league, hopefully we can build on it. I don't mind keeping things together going into 2022. Olson(Gruden's playbook) with the offense and Bradley with the defense.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Yep, hopefully drafts improve going forward. Can only think Gruden made most of the picks. Gruden has a deep playbook, but is ultra conservative, no way we go up 3 scores with him leading things yesterday. We have to finish teams off. Let our pass rush focus on one thing. It was Denver yesterday, not too competitive personnel wise. But a win is a win in this league, hopefully we can build on it. I don't mind keeping things together going into 2022. Olson(Gruden's playbook) with the offense and Bradley with the defense.
    If Gruden was coaching against Denver, it would been a nail bitter, or lost by 10 like against Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    I agree. You don't want to put up enough points just to stay ahead and then manage the clock. You want their team desperate to score multiple touchdowns just to get back in the game. Desperate teams make mistakes and look for big plays. We did that to Denver and had 3 picks, a fumble and 5 sacks. It's one of the reasons why teams hated the patriots so much. Even with a 14 point lead they would continue to run up the score until the game was over. They showed no mercy and it pissed people off but, what it did was allow the defense to tee off on offense because they had to score quickly to catch up and the patriots defense would always be one of the best in the league because of it.
    Score fast and score often. It breaks the will of your opponent and their isn't a coach or there who has a playbook designed to score 3 touchdowns in a quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by raider jim View Post
    I agree. You don't want to put up enough points just to stay ahead and then manage the clock. You want their team desperate to score multiple touchdowns just to get back in the game. Desperate teams make mistakes and look for big plays. We did that to Denver and had 3 picks, a fumble and 5 sacks. It's one of the reasons why teams hated the patriots so much. Even with a 14 point lead they would continue to run up the score until the game was over. They showed no mercy and it pissed people off but, what it did was allow the defense to tee off on offense because they had to score quickly to catch up and the patriots defense would always be one of the best in the league because of it.
    Score fast and score often. It breaks the will of your opponent and their isn't a coach or there who has a playbook designed to score 3 touchdowns in a quarter.
    I want us to be cut throat like the old patriots teams,the old donks team with peyton score until they can prove to be able to stop you,screw managing for the win

Quote Originally Posted by raider jim View Post
    Under Gruden we played scared, did not want to turn the ball over, so be it if we ran Jacobs between the tackles 3 straight times with the box stacked with 8. We're up 31-10 going into the 4th. They were broken, Fangio was throwing out every red flag to get his guys back in it....but 31-10. You have to play to win, not to lose. Under Gruden we played to lose.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i would only trade carr for picks if we could get deshaun watson in a trade once he has cleared up his mess with the accusers and the league has cleared him too, top 3-4 QB, proven and can go toe to toe with mahomes easily in arm talent and legs
    Looks like Deshaun going to Miami.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...ne-per-report/

Look like Miami might be getting him; not
    sure what the deal is; maybe only 2 first
    rounders for him…..

Miami is perfect, he can connect with Robert Krafts massage haunts.

I think tua gets traded to seattle if miami gets watson, REDSKINS COULD ALSO BE WANTING TUA

So Watson to Miami and Rodgers to Denver in the offseason? Unless he has a change of heart and stays with GB. Wonder if Devante's decision to stay or go is dependent on Rodgers or he just wants to be a free agent regardless.