Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Debate; is it time to trade Carr….

Debate; is it time to trade Carr….

Let just have a debate about trading Carr…

I think a team might give a first and third
    round for Carr; would you take it right now…

Just saying the chances of the raiders getting
    a new head coach in 2022 is very highly; and
    this guy might want to rebuild again; and we
    are great at rebuilding again….

One idea is to trade Carr for 1st and 3rd rounder
    and sign A. Rodgers who will be a free agent in
    2022; with the 20 million saving from trading Carr,
    then we can afford Rodgers contract which is going
    to be about 35 million a season at least; but by
    coming to Vegas he not going to be paying state
    tax, so he might take less….

No, do not trade Carr. Carr is still the least of our problems. Get through this year and fix the offensive line next year and we'll be way more competitive than if we traded Carr and signed Rodgers. Who says Rodgers would want to come here if we are in a rebuild? Is there much evidence of players wanting less money because there is no state income tax in Nevada? We say it a lot on here, but has it ever happened? In any state? I can see it working to our advantage if we offer the same amount of money as high income tax state because they'd come out ahead.

If I remember right, Josh Jacobs took less money his first year in Oakland to get paid more in Las Vegas. Signing bonus maybe? He had no choice buy to sign with us, it was smart by him and his agent to get more pay in a low tax state. But his overall contract was the same amount of money.

Why would you trade Carr when we had so many problems that weren't qb related. Defense, no receivers, no offensive line, no running game.

Quote Originally Posted by raider jim View Post
    Why would you trade Carr when we had so many problems that weren't qb related. Defense, no receivers, no offensive line, no running game.
    Well I am thinking a new coach is going to want
    to start over; the line is going to get better once
    we drafted a center and RT; think Leatherwood will
    end up as future RG for us….the wide receivers
    are young and will get better…..now Carr going to
    be 31 soon, but if someone is willing to give the
    Raiders a 1st for Carr; that mean the new coach is
    going to have two first round to play with next year…

Gruden really did draft badly when he was with the
    Raiders; I really think the next guy will do much better
    with draft pick….

i would only trade carr for picks if we could get deshaun watson in a trade once he has cleared up his mess with the accusers and the league has cleared him too, top 3-4 QB, proven and can go toe to toe with mahomes easily in arm talent and legs

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i would only trade carr for picks if we could get deshaun watson in a trade once he has cleared up his mess with the accusers and the league has cleared him too, top 3-4 QB, proven and can go toe to toe with mahomes easily in arm talent and legs
    Yes for Watson... or what about A-Aron? Or too old and not getting enough years out of him for what we would have to sacrifice?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Yes for Watson... or what about A-Aron? Or too old and not getting enough years out of him for what we would have to sacrifice?
    The Raiders need to get on with the times. It's an era of mobile QBs, Carr is not mobile enough even though he has a good arm. People will give examples of Tom Brady but Brady is exceptional when it comes to sensing pressure. Carr is not there yet, maybe he will never be. We have to either acquire or draft a mobile QB. I like the acquire route because we are pathetic at drafting & developing QBs. Overall, I agree with the basic premise of trading Carr but not before we have identified a QB that we can acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_ghost View Post
    The Raiders need to get on with the times. It's an era of mobile QBs, Carr is not mobile enough even though he has a good arm. People will give examples of Tom Brady but Brady is exceptional when it comes to sensing pressure. Carr is not there yet, maybe he will never be. We have to either acquire or draft a mobile QB. I like the acquire route because we are pathetic at drafting & developing QBs. Overall, I agree with the basic premise of trading Carr but not before we have identified a QB that we can acquire.
    deshaun watson extends plays and throws very accurately 72% last yr and he avg 45 yds running too on avg per game

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    deshaun watson extends plays and throws very accurately 72% last yr and he avg 45 yds running too on avg per game
    Deshaun Watson with our wide receivers and tight ends will be a nightmare for opposing defenses. He would be the perfect weapon against a QB like Patrick Mahomes. Now he comes with a ton baggage but hopefully, he has learned his lesson.

I agree with the echo chamber.

1. Carr is the LEAST of our problems. We need offensive line help and DB depth.

2. Only trade for Deshaun if all his legal accusations are dropped. Even then, with all that happened with Gruden's AOL account the Raider's PR staff will probably advise against it anyways.