Thread: Gruden Built A Bad Roster Why His Second Tenue Was A Disaster

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Gruden Built A Bad Roster Why His Second Tenue Was A Disaster

his drafts and FA signings were just as bad or worse than Reggie McKenzie's. He's a good coach otherwise but not a good playcaller.

After reading that; really show how badly
    Gruden was doing….that Mark Davis should
    never give a coach total power over the team
    again….

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    again….
    This... HOPEFULLY an expensive lesson learned. Although i disagree that the Vegas head coaching job isnt a desierable one. Mark Davis is not Al Davis. Mark is less emotional and has more patience whether that is good or bad. I think its a positive. Those days of 1 year and gone for Raiders head coaches are long gone.
    Although i agree with the Bissaccia as Head coach move for this year, i hope he is not considered for HC next year.
    This is our opportunity to finally get it right and get a young exciting coach in here. Ive said it before, Lincoln Riley. Thats who i wan whether you agree or disagree. IMO he is the right type of coach for the job. Keep Mayock and see what Mayock can do with majority control.
    Eventhough they said it was 49% Mayock control, you might as well say it was 99% Gruden and 1% Mayock. Its the same thing. Majority is majority.. the extra 2% is the deciding factor. So lets see what he does this offseason as i think Gruden was pulling ALL the strings except for giving Mayock rounds 4-7 or 5-7 to get his guys..
    It will all come out in the wash come offseason.
    Now unless Bissaccia takes this team deep into the playoffs, which he wont with this mess of an O-line, he needs to go. New coaching staff in place but keep some continuity in keeping Mayock and allowing his vision to play out. Give him at least this offseason and see how those players pan out in 2022. If successful, great... he stays on for another season.. and hopefully for a long time. I think Mayock can be the right talent evaluator for this team, we just havent seen him been given his real fair shot.
    Hopefully he knows what he doesnt know and Mark allows him to bring in a great cap guy and surrounding analytics guys etc.

Anxious to see how the team comes out and plays this week vs Denver. Do they come out with hair on fire and play a complete and aggressive 4 quarters? Or do they come out flat AGAIN for the 6th straight game and get our asses handed to us now that we are exposed? Hoping for the former and thinking unfortunately it will be the latter.

This article is nothing more than a "gotcha" piece from Barnwell. He's for the most part always bashed the move if bringing back Gruden. I still remember last year, you could almost feel how pissed off he was when they beat KC in Arrowhead by reading his words. That being said, he isn't entirely wrong about the roster. There are some definite weak spots and our drafting, particularly in the first 3 rounds has been abysmal since Gruden got here. I also don't believe that this won't be an attractive job. The roster will most likely be the best roster of an open job. You'll have a patient owner, a bunch of money for FA, and probably a decent set of draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    This... HOPEFULLY an expensive lesson learned. Although i disagree that the Vegas head coaching job isnt a desierable one. Mark Davis is not Al Davis. Mark is less emotional and has more patience whether that is good or bad. I think its a positive. Those days of 1 year and gone for Raiders head coaches are long gone.
    Although i agree with the Bissaccia as Head coach move for this year, i hope he is not considered for HC next year.
    This is our opportunity to finally get it right and get a young exciting coach in here. Ive said it before, Lincoln Riley. Thats who i wan whether you agree or disagree. IMO he is the right type of coach for the job. Keep Mayock and see what Mayock can do with majority control.
    Eventhough they said it was 49% Mayock control, you might as well say it was 99% Gruden and 1% Mayock. Its the same thing. Majority is majority.. the extra 2% is the deciding factor. So lets see what he does this offseason as i think Gruden was pulling ALL the strings except for giving Mayock rounds 4-7 or 5-7 to get his guys..
    It will all come out in the wash come offseason.
    Now unless Bissaccia takes this team deep into the playoffs, which he wont with this mess of an O-line, he needs to go. New coaching staff in place but keep some continuity in keeping Mayock and allowing his vision to play out. Give him at least this offseason and see how those players pan out in 2022. If successful, great... he stays on for another season.. and hopefully for a long time. I think Mayock can be the right talent evaluator for this team, we just havent seen him been given his real fair shot.
    Hopefully he knows what he doesnt know and Mark allows him to bring in a great cap guy and surrounding analytics guys etc.

Anxious to see how the team comes out and plays this week vs Denver. Do they come out with hair on fire and play a complete and aggressive 4 quarters? Or do they come out flat AGAIN for the 6th straight game and get our asses handed to us now that we are exposed? Hoping for the former and thinking unfortunately it will be the latter.
    Right now; we cannot run block; so we really need to air it out during most of the game; we will have to wait till sunday to find out what going on in Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    again….
    Well Davis should not have been hiring the HC, that should sit with the GM. When Davis hired Gruden, we all well know it was as GM as well. Owners do not hire the HC. Mayock at the end of the day was the assistant GM and head scout by duty but not title.