Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greg Olson's Offense

Greg Olson's Offense

I wonder what we're going to get from Greg Olson? Does he stick with Gruden's playbook, or make changes.
    Carr said the Bears were calling out some of the Raiders' plays last week. I guess we have to wait until Sunday to see if the first offensive play is Jacobs up the middle.

Think the offense should move the ball better
    as Gruden was very predictable…..

Supposedly he will run a pass first offense. Hope he does bc run game is shit

Are we going to relive the transition from Gruden in 2001 to Callahan's offense in 2002? Olson taking Gruden's playbook and going balls to the wall with it.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Are we going to relive the transition from Gruden in 2001 to Callahan's offense in 2002? Olson taking Gruden's playbook and going balls to the wall with it.
    I hope so, but doubt it, will find out soon, this weekend.

First order of business is to strengthen our o-line. Whether that's by bringing in new guys or using an extra lineman or TEs.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post
    I hope so, but doubt it, will find out soon, this weekend.
    For a guy like Olson, there really isn't anything to lose, you throw together a top 10 offense....you get a job in 2022, as it stands, he's looking for a QB coach job next year.

Use the pass to set up the run. Numerous teams around the league do it. Hopefully Olson will be a lot less predictable with the play calling. For example, can we see some swing passes to Drake in open space?

Quote Originally Posted by PirateHunter View Post
    Use the pass to set up the run. Numerous teams around the league do it. Hopefully Olson will be a lot less predictable with the play calling. For example, can we see some swing passes to Drake in open space?
    Agreed, we think of bubble screens as solely for gadget guys like Ruggs, but Drake with his size and elusiveness in the open field.

Use the short pass as the running game. Carr can get rid of the ball quick and the oline wont have to pass protect more than 1.5 seconds.