Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A "hit" job on Jon Gruden

I was EXTREMELY pissed off on Monday when we got the news that Gruden was gone. I was ranting and raving like a lunatic as I’m sure you all saw. I wasn’t defending his actions or him really. You guys nailed it. I was pissed because I felt like it was a league sanctioned hit. I still think so. The things he said were never meant to be public. I’m not defending what he said, but, I’m also not such an over sensitive pussy that it would cause me to condemn him either. Football is, or used to be, the “tough guy”sport. I know the people that play it are tough, but this society now wants everything to be for everyone. Those emails sound like friends talking tough to one another. He’s out because the wrong asshole got offended

Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    I was EXTREMELY pissed off on Monday when we got the news that Gruden was gone. I was ranting and raving like a lunatic as I’m sure you all saw. I wasn’t defending his actions or him really. You guys nailed it. I was pissed because I felt like it was a league sanctioned hit. I still think so. The things he said were never meant to be public. I’m not defending what he said, but, I’m also not such an over sensitive pussy that it would cause me to condemn him either. Football is, or used to be, the “tough guy”sport. I know the people that play it are tough, but this society now wants everything to be for everyone. Those emails sound like friends talking tough to one another. He’s out because the wrong asshole got offended
    We will not hear the end of this; Gruden going to
    get some advice from people in the law society
    that will put a lawsuit against the NFL on this…

Gruden will go away for a year or two; but he will be
    back; maybe as Raiders announcer for raider games..

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    If Gruden smart; he should sue the NFL....these leak were coming out of a lawsuit; meaning the person that leak this information could be arrested for leaking stuff to the media ( I think)
    Yeah, the info wasn't from the lawsuit, it was from the NFL investigating the WFT.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBeliever View Post
    I believe the NFL headquarters is tax exempt. This means it must bow to political correctness. Or else.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...hings-to-know/

When asked about Gruden's resignation, Mark Davis answered “Ask the NFL. They have all the answers.”
    He's obviously not happy with the way this went down.

I wasn't aware of that, but the fact remains the NFL still trolls along like an extension of our government pushing political correctness, double standards, and hypocrisy.

Looks like some of the leaked emails could of came out in discovery. Synder involved in a lawsuit. More details below. Adam Schefter could be in hot water too.

Several inflammatory emails by Jon Gruden were filed as exhibits in federal court by attorneys for Washington Football Team owner Daniel Snyder in mid-June, almost four months before they were leaked to two newspapers and led to Gruden’s resignation as coach of the Las Vegas Raiders.

The heavily redacted emails between Gruden and then-Redskins president Bruce Allen filed in U.S. District Court in Arizona include offensive language, chummy conversations with journalists — including an ESPN journalist referring to Allen as “Mr. Editor” while seeking feedback on an unpublished story he sent to Allen to review — and a barrage of complaints about the state of the NFL.

The emails are identical to some of those reported this week by the New York Times. That story detailed homophobic and misogynistic comments by Gruden in emails with Allen. A day earlier the Wall Street Journal reported Gruden used a racist trope in another email exchange.

The emails were filed as part of an effort by Snyder’s legal team to compel Allen to produce discovery in connection with a defamation lawsuit Snyder is pursuing in India against a media company called MEAWW for stories it published in July 2020.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/...6kyyqwjxE2dCr8