Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A "hit" job on Jon Gruden

A "hit" job on Jon Gruden

Jon Gruden deserved to be gone from the Raiders: 1) He has not produced a consistent winner, even after being given what amounted to full control of the team and its personnel for three full years, and 2) His emails containing what most perceive as racist and misogynistic comments were terrible, even though they were written over a decade ago. If anything, his resignation will help the team, as it is now out from under Gruden's contract and can move forward without keeping him under contract for nearly 7 more years.

The Raiders have always stood for "Just Win Baby," which in essence is a non-discrimination statement. I've always loved the Raiders for their ability to look beyond skin color and other attributes to treat players equitably. Al Davis never cared about one's sexual orientation or the color of one's skin. Never. Mark Davis doesn't either as one of his closest friends was Cliff Branch, whom he represented against his father when Cliff wanted a new contract.

Despite what blame lies with Gruden, it's also abundantly clear that the NFL wanted Gruden GONE. Someone in the NFL selectively leaked emails from Gruden to get him out of the league. The message was clear. The email about the size of the lips of the NFLPA head was a warning shot. If Gruden didn't resign, more would be revealed, which occurred. The second batch of leaked emails forced Gruden's hand and he resigned. The drip, drip, drip may have continued for days or even weeks -- until Gruden resigned.

This was a hit job by the NFL and the news media, working in collaboration. Out of thousands of emails all obtained as part of an investigation into the Washington Football Team and its work environment, only emails from Jon Gruden were released? I'm throwing the bullshit flag. There is likely a treasure trove of information within those emails, which the NFL has hidden from public view. If Gruden was making these types of comments, he likely would only write to people he KNEW shared his views.

Think about it. The NFL is comprised of a lot of men, "men's men" so to speak. Coaches are former players. Front office personnel are former players. Many are ridiculously rich who believe they can always get what they want when they want it. Many have been coddled their entire lives by society. They have been told through words and actions that they are above the rules. They were treated differently when in high school, when in college and then while playing in the NFL. They were told through much of their lives that they were "special." They were elite athletes, given special classes, special tutoring and various favors by the public, including free meals at nearly any restaurant in their city.

While in Oakland several years back, I went to a local place and talked to a waitress. She told me a story about a former Raiders assistant coach who flat out kissed her on the lips. This was essentially an assault. Was she lying? I don't think so. I think this is pretty commonplace.

But if this happened once, it's happened thousands of times -- and worse.

I've heard a number of stories about a very prominent NFL player. If I mentioned his name you would recognize it immediately. He's the face of one franchise and has been for years. I worked with a young lady at one small business who told me that while taking a picture with him when she was only 16, he tried to grab her butt. She told him "No!" in no uncertain terms and pushed him away. She was a teenager and he was a grown man then. Still is.

While sitting in a bar one day a couple of years ago, I talked with a family member of one of this same player's former teammates. He told me a story that sent chills down my spine and made me very angry. It seems that this prominent player grabbed the crotch of his teammate's daughter -- a close relative of the guy I was talking with at the bar. The teammate literally had to be separated from this famous player -- to keep from killing him. He was THAT angry. If someone touched my daughter the way this prominent player did, I would likely want to kill him, too -- at least make him want to NOT ever touch anyone else's daughter ever again.

So, how is it that this player's actions have not resulted in this player being thrown out of the league? As I've said all along, the NFL stands for No Fair League. The NFL has protected THIS player and the player's franchise, while clearly targeting Gruden and the Raiders. Gruden did wrong and should be gone. But Gruden is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

A lot of NFL front office people and coaches are VERY nervous after seeing what happened to Gruden. Will they be next? What other emails will be released? Will they be targeted, too?

While Gruden's resignation is front page news, the story that isn't being reported on is how the NFL selectively leaked information from an internal investigation -- and why. The NFL is like a leaky faucet when it comes to player drug tests and other confidential information. Someone within the NFL is leaking worse than the Titanic after it hit the iceberg.

Should this leak of Gruden's emails surprise anyone? It shouldn't, but it should also anger us all. If the NFL would target a coach to force him out of the league, who ordered this or knew about it? That may be an even bigger story than the Gruden resignation and it could bring down the NFL.
    Last edited by raiderman41; 10-12-2021 at 11:33 AM.

What someone says in private isn't anyone's business but themselves, whomever they said the things to, and the LORD.

And everybody has some dirt in their pasts...

So if everyone wants justice they'll get it. The only thing about it today is many only want "justice" on someone else, but not on themselves.

This is

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBeliever View Post
    What someone says in private isn't anyone's business but themselves, whomever they said the things to, and the LORD.

And everybody has some dirt in their pasts...

So if everyone wants justice they'll get it. The only thing about it today is many only want "justice" on someone else, but not on themselves.
    Truth. When you point a finger at someone, there are three pointing back at you. Gruden wrote what is likely said in league circles all the time. Someone was out to get Gruden. I hope it backfires on them.

There was no other option for Mark Davis than to fire/ask for Gruden's resignation.

With that being said, if the NFL doesn't release all the emails then it is obvious that this was some sort of hit job or vendetta against him.

I have a strong feeling it was done by Roger Goodell himself trying to play to the feelings of players and getting back at Gruden for what he has said about him in the past. Gruden will probably just disappear with all his millions. However, I think he has a case to file charges against the NFL for either defamation of character based on not showing the full content of the emails or for privacy issues.

It seems ever year there is some sort of drama in the NFL. Last year it was COVID, before that it was racial awareness, Kaepernick, Patriots filming other teams practices, etc.

It feels like the NFL is taking the all press is good press approach. Im just sick of the drama in the league. Cant we just watch football for football. Ultimately this is Gruden's fault even if it steems from nearly 11 years ago. But damn, did the NFL really have to potentially destroy our season. They could have kept this hush hush and let him leave with some other excuse.

Too me this makes the NFL look bad. Where there is smoke there is fire and I guarantee there are more damning emails out there on more people.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    Truth. When you point a finger at someone, there are three pointing back at you. Gruden wrote what is likely said in league circles all the time. Someone was out to get Gruden. I hope it backfires on them.
    On NFL radio today Gannon supported Gruden as a person saying what he is in real life, while admitting he said things in the locker room that would bite him in the arse. Whomever the other person was he was speaking to admitted the same.

Communism drives this idiocy. Everyone who does not speak, believe or think the same way as the PC group are eternally punished. This is in order to make panty waisted chumps out of everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateHunter View Post
    There was no other option for Mark Davis than to fire/ask for Gruden's resignation.

With that being said, if the NFL doesn't release all the emails then it is obvious that this was some sort of hit job or vendetta against him.

I have a strong feeling it was done by Roger Goodell himself trying to play to the feelings of players and getting back at Gruden for what he has said about him in the past. Gruden will probably just disappear with all his millions. However, I think he has a case to file charges against the NFL for either defamation of character based on not showing the full content of the emails or for privacy issues.

It seems ever year there is some sort of drama in the NFL. Last year it was COVID, before that it was racial awareness, Kaepernick, Patriots filming other teams practices, etc.

It feels like the NFL is taking the all press is good press approach. Im just sick of the drama in the league. Cant we just watch football for football. Ultimately this is Gruden's fault even if it steems from nearly 11 years ago. But damn, did the NFL really have to potentially destroy our season. They could have kept this hush hush and let him leave with some other excuse.

Too me this makes the NFL look bad. Where there is smoke there is fire and I guarantee there are more damning emails out there on more people.
    I believe the NFL headquarters is tax exempt. This means it must bow to political correctness. Or else.

If Gruden smart; he should sue the NFL....these leak were coming out of a lawsuit; meaning the person that leak this information could be arrested for leaking stuff to the media ( I think)

Granted i don't think what he said was good, that being said he has the right to his opinion just like everyone else does. Also the fact that the WFT has had serious issues FOR YEARS and its being swept under the rug is a pretty big red flag. I def don't believe what was said was in good taste nor is it appropriate but i guarantee you that worse has def been said and nothing gets made about it/

I can guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by illusin View Post
    Granted i don't think what he said was good, that being said he has the right to his opinion just like everyone else does. Also the fact that the WFT has had serious issues FOR YEARS and its being swept under the rug is a pretty big red flag. I def don't believe what was said was in good taste nor is it appropriate but i guarantee you that worse has def been said and nothing gets made about it/
    That there has been a lot worse said and written by players, coaches and front office personnel. This is a league built on testosterone and is likely the least sexually inclusive industry in America. So, why were only Gruden emails leaked when this was an investigation into WFT? We have heard NOTHING about that. Nothing.

Read my OP. I know for certain a prominent NFL player should have and could have been charged with sexual assault multiple times, but has not. He should be out of the league. Period. He is a predator. But he plays for a franchise protected by the NFL and has allowed it to be covered up. He will be in the HOF. This guy is a POS.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    That there has been a lot worse said and written by players, coaches and front office personnel. This is a league built on testosterone and is likely the least sexually inclusive industry in America. So, why were only Gruden emails leaked when this was an investigation into WFT? We have heard NOTHING about that. Nothing.

Read my OP. I know for certain a prominent NFL player should have and could have been charged with sexual assault multiple times, but has not. He should be out of the league. Period. He is a predator. But he plays for a franchise protected by the NFL and has allowed it to be covered up. He will be in the HOF. This guy is a POS.
    It appears the NFL is more concerned with words not meant for public view than they are with physical abuse.