Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Possible new head coach discussion

Will likely be a black coach though as it is the right PR move.. so Bienemy or Bowles would be obvious candidates. Im not a fan of Leftwich as he has it easy. Brady is basically the OC.. and their tesm is a Pro Bowl team st every position.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    Jay Gruden is my choice
    Oh fantastic... hahaha. This is great. Wish i thought of it.
    Wouldnt that be some shit?

Btw they say the apples (plural) dont fall far from the tree.. i wonder what Jay Gruden emails would look like. Especially his affiliation with the WFT..

Quote Originally Posted by Williams View Post
    According to DraftKingsÂ…

Kansas City offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy and Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll are currently the betting favorites to replace Gruden. They are both given +500 (5-1) odds to get the top job in Vegas.

The other betting favorites include Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator Joe Brady (+750); Raiders interim head coach Rich Bisaccia; Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive coordinator Todd Bowles; Oklahoma head coach Lincoln Riley (+800); Raiders defensive coordinator Gus Bradley; Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Kellen Moore; and Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney (+1000).
    Bieniemy and Daboll went head-to-head last week. Daboll 38 Bieniemy 20.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Why is no one mentioning Lincoln Riley. Young, innovative, will bring spark and excitement to this offense. Is in touch with the youth coming into tne league.. has an eye for talent seems to be a good leader..
    I dont want any of these retreads or guys that are seemingly successful due to their HC or their extreme talent on the team.. uhhhh Eric Bienemy? Take away Mahomes and what do you have? Its not like the Chiefs were average, then Bienemy came in and saved the day by scheming this brilliant offense. Its all Andy Reid and Mahomes...
    Go get Lincoln Riley and be a trendsetter in the NFL.. take tbis talented offense and bring it to excellence. (Yes he needs ti invest in O-line) but the dude is an offensive mastermind...
    He's an offensive mastermind....in college, particularly in the Big 12 where they don't play defense. I'm not entirely opposed to Riley but he's a college coach who hasn't won anything of note. Urban and Saban both had won national championship before jumping to the NFL. He's a good coach at that level but his offensive systems are very similar to other coaches but he just has better recruits cause he's at Oklahoma. If he were at Baylor, I'm not sure if you would want him

I think Daboll would be my pick. Kellen Moore is also intriguing and could be a dark horse. Wouldn't mind Bieniemy but I'm worried that Reid is the mastermind there. Bowles didn't look good for the Jets but that is...the Jets. No to Brady, wasn't particularly great last year and still not enough tape as a coordinator on him. I like Bradley as a DC...not a head coach.

A name I would like to hear for a new head coach is Steve Sarkisian. I'm surprised there has been no mention of him on here. He's turned programs around and has won everywhere he's been. Dynamic offenses as a head coach and as an offensive coordinator. If he can fix defense at Texas, he'll probably win a national title there.

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRaider View Post
    A name I would like to hear for a new head coach is Steve Sarkisian. I'm surprised there has been no mention of him on here. He's turned programs around and has won everywhere he's been. Dynamic offenses as a head coach and as an offensive coordinator. If he can fix defense at Texas, he'll probably win a national title there.
    He's not exactly the best PR friendly guy either. He is/was an alcoholic. I'm a USC fan and he was a genius while he was there. Only issue is that he'd get absolutely hammered during public events. Missed practices and important events because he was passed out or too hungover to attended. If he's slayed his demons he'd be a good choice. Las Vegas though is saturated with demons.

Maybe its me, but it seems college coaches don't transition well to the NFL as a head coach. The guys who work their way up seem to be more effective.

We should do a George Constanza, where if everything we do is wrong, lets do the opposite...
    Last edited by rabidraider; 10-14-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    You guys act like ANY of your dream hires will actually take this job….
    In the past, Mark Davis didn't have the money to pay coaches. I have no idea where he got the $10M/year to pay Gruden. Davis is making money now and he probably gets out of the Gruden contract because of the resignation.
    Gruden was the 3rd highest paid HC behind only and Belichick and Carroll. I think $10M/year attracts coaches.

For the most part I agree with you on college coaches. Jimmy Johnson and Pete Carroll are the only ones that stand out to me that have been successful. Barry Switzer for a year or two. But now, Cliff Kingsbury is doing a good job, which is ironic because he sucked at T Tech with Mahomes, Mayfield, and Davis Webb.

Sarkisian does have NFL experience with the Raiders and the Falcons. He has won, in college with a qb like Jake Locker, John David Booty, Cody Kessler and this year's first round pick Mack Jones. And Tua the year before. I know, not all as a head coach. And qbs he helped develop like Carson Palmer and Matt Leinert, His qbs are always pro style, until this year at Texas. I think he'd do great with Carr. Oh! and he knows how to get Ruggs the ball.

But, yes, he does have or had the drinking problem. If he misses practice, that would suck. If he misses a press conference, who cares? LOL