Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People Call Out To Fire Gruden

Gruden is awful. His roster decisions suck, and his playcalling is flat out terrible. Let him go make those stupid faces elsewhere. Tired of this clown.

Quote Originally Posted by orlandoraider View Post
    Gruden is awful. His roster decisions suck, and his playcalling is flat out terrible. Let him go make those stupid faces elsewhere. Tired of this clown.
    On the other hand, the rumors out there when Raiders won 3 jn a row was Gruden gives Carr 3-4 plays each down to run. Carr either goes with the first play or audibles to one of the other 3 plays. Sounds to me like Carr is as much the culprit as Gruden is. Heard Carr say "were good were good" all to often and see that play go for zero or negative yards.. is tharmt on Gruden? And each time Carr says we are good, its a fuckin run play up the gut, where we are clearly NOT GOOD, NOT GOOD AT ALL

Quote Originally Posted by orlandoraider View Post
    Yeah that's what we should do. The Raiders have had one winning season in 20 years. Lets fire the coach because we are 3-2 and lost two in a row. Really our roster decision sucks. Like what exactly. Was signing Casey Hayward a move that sucked. We let up 115 yards in the air yesterday. Our defense gave up 250 yards. So every defensive player should be cut as well. Some fans are clueless. And hire who exactly? Promote Gregg Olsen as a head coach. That would be smart.

We need an offensive line, not a new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by raider jim View Post
    We need an offensive line, not a new coach.
    You're correct Cable needs to be fired. The ZBS scheme doesn't work. I believe he will be the first one fired. Richie would make a fantastic line coach for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Yeah that's what we should do. The Raiders have had one winning season in 20 years. Lets fire the coach because we are 3-2 and lost two in a row. Really our roster decision sucks. Like what exactly. Was signing Casey Hayward a move that sucked. We let up 115 yards in the air yesterday. Our defense gave up 250 yards. So every defensive player should be cut as well. Some fans are clueless. And hire who exactly? Promote Gregg Olsen as a head coach. That would be smart.
    I agree, blowing this thing up is probably not the answer. But we need to hire someone to assist Gruden with creative playcalling. Give him the title of "Pass Game Coordinator" or some shit like that. The smartest people in this world are the ones who know what they dont know and hire that person who does..Theres no rule saying how many coaches/assistants you can have. Get someone from the college ranks who thinks outside the box. Then we can start being less predictable and keep the defenses on their heels. Keep Gruden as HC and he can still be OC, but he really needs another creative mind to join him. Greg Olsen is not that guy. Olsen is a QB coach. Thats it.
    If we can get the 1sts on short yardage plays, and score in the redzone, as well as not be predictable on offense, we would be 4-1 or possibly 5-0. Creative offenses will win you many more games with the same talent. We have been fortunate to win 3 based off of talent alone. The last 2 losses were due to coaching or lack thereof. Bad playcalling, and sloppy play all around did us in. .
    Anyways, the answer to fix this is hiring that creative offensive mind. Easier said than done, sure.

One last thought, the Chargers have hired staff very big into analytics and it has proven itself, paid off in at least two of their wins. This is a prime example of hiring the right staff, thinking outside the box, and it equating to wins.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    You're correct Cable needs to be fired. The ZBS scheme doesn't work. I believe he will be the first one fired. Richie would make a fantastic line coach for next year.
    Why in the F would you fire Cable. Look what he's working with compared to what he started with or who was supposed to be in there. We have a new center, a back up at left guard, a rookie who was just moved to right guard, and a back up at right tackle. Then, go back to last year. Every game we had a different group of offensive lineman. Look at the numbers we put up on offense last year and what we did in the first three games this year.

The answer isn't just to blow it up and start over.

Of course people want him fired for shit he said 10 years ago. Honestly it was some racist shit and I can't stand that. I don't think you can punish the Raiders for shit he did 10 years ago. Whatever they decide to do to him, is on him. With that said, with today's sjw's and businesses bowing to them, I wouldn't be surprised if something isn't done. My major beef is the fact that Gruden will get his but we have other people, including politicians that are know racists, associate with racists and hate minorities, but it's fine for them because of what side of the political tree they sit on.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateHunter View Post
    Why in the F would you fire Cable. Look what he's working with compared to what he started with or who was supposed to be in there. We have a new center, a back up at left guard, a rookie who was just moved to right guard, and a back up at right tackle. Then, go back to last year. Every game we had a different group of offensive lineman. Look at the numbers we put up on offense last year and what we did in the first three games this year.

The answer isn't just to blow it up and start over.
    What has Cable done to prove he can do the job. He had a veteran line last year and they couldn't run block either. Hudson and Jackson were worthless. This year he has James who was in the system for two years, Simpson a draft pick who was a fringe starter and we had a returning starter in Good. We drafted a first round pick in Leatherwood. So I don't want to hear that what we are working with is shit. The line was terrible last year.

I watched that game yesterday and the Bears have the worst line on football. They have no talent on that line and are running and a 39 year old Jason Peters at left tackle. Who had no training camp with the Bears. They lost the RT in the game who was a backup. They seemed to handle out defensive line just fine and open holes in the running game. Unlike the Cable who cannot teach the line who the fuck to block.

Look at the running game last year. Jacobs averages under 4 yards per carry. We couldn't pick up short yardage situations. Nothing has changed. It's the same as last year except this year instead of paying o lineman who couldn't block we decided to improve the defense. Which we did.