Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can the Raiders handle success?

No what are you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing we could be 7-1. 6-2 would still be fantastic and playing the Chiefs at home. Its the easy part of the schedule. Bears, Broncos, Eagles, Giants. As fans we need to take it month by month. September 3-0. October we need to finish out the month 2-1 going into the bye week. Whip the Giants coming out of the bye week and it's little more difficult after the giants. Chiefs Bengals Cowboys. If we go into December 7-4. I think we are in good shape.
    This team cannot handle success or adversity.

Win a few games, start out the season great, then believe the press clippings. Lay an egg on the field. Face a little adversity and fold.

I am getting sick of this. The Gruden story was the adversity this week. We played a rookie QB and lost. Our offense sucked. Our defense played fairly well. At least they kept us in the game.

If only we had a defense, we heard time and time again. We do now. It is not perfect but it causes three and outs. It makes stops. It puts pressure on the opposition QB.

This team is not a winner. This team does not have the killer instinct. This team is like the pretty, sexy blonde in high school who flirted with all the guys at school but was home in bed by 9. This team is just one big tease.

Gruden is not getting it done.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post

Win a few games, start out the season great, then believe the press clippings. Lay an egg on the field. Face a little adversity and fold.

I am getting sick of this. The Gruden story was the adversity this week. We played a rookie QB and lost. Our offense sucked. Our defense played fairly well. At least they kept us in the game.

If only we had a defense, we heard time and time again. We do now. It is not perfect but it causes three and outs. It makes stops. It puts pressure on the opposition QB.

This team is not a winner. This team does not have the killer instinct. This team is like the pretty, sexy blonde in high school who flirted with all the guys at school but was home in bed by 9. This team is just one big tease.

Yeah hope Gruden gone by years end, tired of him.

Hell yeah. I can’t wait to start over again

Gruden is the cause for the dropped passes by Waller and Edwards. Gruden is the cause of stupid penalties on defense.
    The Raiders have had one lucky winning season in 20 years. Why is this team a winner? Why would it have a killer instinct? Fans expectations are too high as always. So if we win the next three games against the Broncos, Eagles and Giants will you feel the same way.

I wish I were wrong, but I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Gruden is the cause for the dropped passes by Waller and Edwards. Gruden is the cause of stupid penalties on defense.
    The Raiders have had one lucky winning season in 20 years. Why is this team a winner? Why would it have a killer instinct? Fans expectations are too high as always. So if we win the next three games against the Broncos, Eagles and Giants will you feel the same way.
    This team finally has a defense. Apologists like yourself have been saying for years, "If only we had a defense!" How many times did our offense go three and out yesterday? How many times did our defense stop the other team? With our quick passing game -- even with an offensive line that's young -- we can surely keep people out of the backfield for two seconds.

Why is it that Chicago was able to scheme to get players wide open, even with a rookie QB? Why is it that we were outcoached last week and again this week?

For whatever reason, the team looked flat yesterday and gain a week ago.

Why is it that we have fallen behind in every single game this year?

Why do we start off so slowly to start to the game?

It points to coaching and execution.

Gruden didn't drop the passes or commit the penalties but when Gruden took over the team, he dismantled all except Carr. Everybody on this team including coaches and players are all Grudens choosing. He's had a few years and I expect a playoff run by now. The year is early still but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't put a dime on the Raiders as I just don't see the momentum going the right direction. This is 100% on Gruden....staying with Guenther, not assigning play calling duties to someone with a little more imagination, keeping Cable around, his FA decisions and drafts. Gruden is a career .500 coach and I don't expect any real change.

This team finally has a defense. Apologists like yourself have been saying for years, "If only we had a defense!" How many times did our offense go three and out yesterday? How many times did our defense stop the other team? With our quick passing game -- even with an offensive line that's young -- we can surely keep people out of the backfield for two seconds.

Why is it that Chicago was able to scheme to get players wide open, even with a rookie QB? Why is it that we were outcoached last week and again this week?

For whatever reason, the team looked flat yesterday and gain a week ago.

Why is it that we have fallen behind in every single game this year?

Why do we start off so slowly to start to the game?

It points to coaching and execution.
    You are correct I said if we ever had a defense we will be a playoff team. We are 3-2 and in 2nd place in the division. We have a decent defense and this team is not a finished product. Fans like yourself expect to go 17-0 and win the super bowl every year. When it doesn't happen, you want to replace everybody and fire every coach and start the process over.
    Where exactly did the Bears scheme all these open players? They threw for 111 years. And Fields was 3-9 on passes over 10 yards. Did you even watch the game? They ran the ball down our throat with a piss poor offensive line. A line which that is less talented ad the one we have. the defense gave up 252 total yards. If not for the roughing the passer penalties, we win the game.

Once agin did you even watch the game yesterday, we took the lead 3-0. Which is not falling behind at the start of every game.
    Chicago has very good defense. the've lost to the Browns and Rams. Two of the better teams in football. tHe beat the Benglas, who are on the level of us. They are not the pushover that they have been in the past. The Bears are better then I thought they were.

On defense what was the gameplan? I don't know what it was. It wasn't stop the run with two backup running backs. Because they ran it down our throats. Why not put 8 in the box and make fields beat us with his arm. They there for 115 yards.
    Why is it whenever we losr=e a game we are outreached. IT almost like fans expect to score on every single drive. IF we don't we are outreached. Sometimes we play a team with a good defense and players need to step up. Outside of Hunter, who stepped up. Jacobs didn't, Edwards didn't, Ruggs didn't, Waller didn't. How can you win a game when nobody outride of Renfrow could step up and make a play. Edwards and Waller were open and dropped passes that ended drives that cost us points. How is players dropping key passes getting outcoached?
    Last edited by psly2124; 10-11-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xramfan View Post
    Gruden didn't drop the passes or commit the penalties but when Gruden took over the team, he dismantled all except Carr. Everybody on this team including coaches and players are all Grudens choosing. He's had a few years and I expect a playoff run by now. The year is early still but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't put a dime on the Raiders as I just don't see the momentum going the right direction. This is 100% on Gruden....staying with Guenther, not assigning play calling duties to someone with a little more imagination, keeping Cable around, his FA decisions and drafts. Gruden is a career .500 coach and I don't expect any real change.
    Just in case you missed it, we are in a playoff run. WE are 3-2. Not 1-4 or 0-5. We have a critical three game stretch right now agent the Broncos, Eagles and Giants. If we go 0-3 the season is lost. Then we can hear the fire Gruden talk and maybe we need a new coach with a different direction. I we go 3-0 during this stretch, will fans still call for Gruden' head when we are 6-3. It's two games in a row on a 17 game season. Fans need to settle down and relax. Yes its a tough loss of a game we should have won. But if we win the next three all will be forgotten.