Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can the Raiders handle success?

Can the Raiders handle success?

The Raiders are 3-0 and in first place in the AFC West. Who woulda thought it?

The Raiders are a much improved team, especially on defense. This defense is making stops and giving our offense more opportunities.

But the 800 pound gorilla on the Raiders' backs is, "Can the Raiders handle success?"

In years past, the Raiders got on a roll early in the season then faltered when they had a chance to take it to the next level. A win tonight and the Raiders are sitting pretty at 4-0 and will have the momentum to carry them into the playoffs. Or will they once again let a little success go to their heads and lay an egg?

I'm hoping for the former and would hate to see the latter.

It's time to step up tonight. The Raiders are the better team, with more experience and better players overall than the Chargers. The Raiders will be playing before what is essentially a home crowd.

It's time to win. It's time to dominate this division!

I will hold my opinion till after week 8. Too early to tell. Tonight is a big step.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    I will hold my opinion till after week 8. Too early to tell. Tonight is a big step.
    But how many times were we tied for first or needed a win to make the playoffs? Yes, this is a first step. Go Raiders!

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Yep, four more weeks to go, we’re 3-1.

I feared this

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post
    Yep, four more weeks to go, we’re 3-1.
    No, we cannot handle success and we have no killer instinct.

Until the offense line get their act together; we are going nowhere…

I mean we really cannot run the ball; so why does Gruden continue to do that….

Bunch of fair weather fans. We are 3-1, everyone sounds like a bunch of fucking pussies. There is a thing called a salary cap. You can't go out and buy pro bowlers at every position. The line will get better. It sucked last year and it sucks this year. Last year it was the highest paid line in the NFL and was ranked 25th I believe. Blow it the fuck up. We did, we improved the defense to make our team competitive. WE are competitive. Get the fuck over it. It's one fucking game against a good team. Losses happen, we were not going to go 17-0. Which with all these whining posts seems to be the concusses.

I have to agree with psly, it's 1 loss to a pretty good team (even if we don't want to admit it). Gruden needs to take a long look at his play calling and stop thinking he is the smartest coach in the league. He's not. I don't believe anyone thought we would have a stellar O line but they need to figure something out soon.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Until the offense line get their act together; we are going nowhere…

I mean we really cannot run the ball; so why does Gruden continue to do that….
    Because Gruden a moron, and he can’t draft, 6 more years of him, after this season.