Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Jon Gruden burn out the team?

Will Jon Gruden burn out the team?

Saw a statement evaluating the Raiders nice start. It then mentioned since the Raiders have had two nice starts in recent years, the team eventually faded with really bad second halves Basically stating Grudens intensity burns the team out.

I'm not saying its true but it is a concern. I know most coaches are pushing teams to the max 24/7.

Discuss.

Was it his intensity or his predictably, meaning was it a case of by the middle of the season other teams knew exactly what he was going to do, I would also say personnel had a lot to do with it, I could be wrong but thought I had always heard the opposite, that players loved and fed off his intensity

I don’t see Gruden’s intensity as burning players out, no. He’s coached and won at the highest level and it appears that he and his coaching staff have this team beginning to believe. It’s only been a couple weeks, it there is such a long season.

Other than that, Gruden has key injuries in both sides of the ball. I have to assume that the guys on the sidelines have been more excited to get healthy after watching their team win without them and more injuries occur. Case in point Incognito, Jacobs, Morrow should all be getting back to the field in time to show what they can contribute.

The winning seems more of a motivation for players to keep going.

more like paul guenther completely wearing down the offense due to his inabilty to stop opposing offenses from scoring

I don't see it as that...Gruden just shit the bed as the coach and collapsed the last 2 years...
    Fu#k The Rest

I agree with Bass, Guenther's D not only took its toll on that side of the ball but also effected the offense by putting more pressure on them to play mistake free. It appears to me that our offense is playing much more care free knowing if there is a turnover that our defense has a better chance at getting a stop this year as was not the case in the past.

Well I think Gruden is on more pressure to
    produce this year than he has in past…..If we
    go 7-10 or 8-9 will really start to put Gruden
    on the Hot Seat….at this moment the raiders
    on paper are supposed to beat Miami; if they
    win will really push this team too greatness

If we had the same defense as last year, we would have 2 losses right now. The Raiders had the 8th ranked offense in 2020 and the 25th ranked defense.
    Gruden's biggest blunder since returning to the Raiders was keeping Paul Guenther too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    If we had the same defense as last year, we would have 2 losses right now. The Raiders had the 8th ranked offense in 2020 and the 25th ranked defense.
    Gruden's biggest blunder since returning to the Raiders was keeping Paul Guenther too long.
    kept him 1 yr too many

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Best bet, should have never hire Guenther.