Thread: Snap counts for the game

littleton was on the field 57 plays too many. He is reminding me of another bum we got from the Rams, Lamarcus Joyner. Both players are absolute garbage. At least this will be littleton last year on this team. We save 11.75 million by releasing him after June 1 next year with a 3.2 million dead cap hit. We can find many linebackers for have of that savings that will play better. I can't believe we are paying that POS 15 million. Next year he will be a top 5 paid linebacker. If he were signed to a vet minimum, it was a bad contract.
    Last edited by psly2124; 09-14-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Agree he's been horrible but why the fall off in play after he was really good with the Lambs? Is it a case of us trying to use him differently (ie, Joyner not being played at FS) or something else? He played mostly inside with the Lambs and now Bradley is playing him as a WLB (although he was bad inside for us last year as well). He was money in 2019:

Cory Littleton had only one missed tackle on 1,039 defensive snaps in 2019 pic.twitter.com/HXI5jbIOJN

— PFF (@PFF) June 16, 2020

My guess.... playing behind Donald made him look better than he was (protected him well and kept his lanes clean). Our DT play has not been great, probably the reason they went with Philon/Jefferson looks yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by srfndoc View Post
    Agree he's been horrible but why the fall off in play after he was really good with the Lambs? Is it a case of us trying to use him differently (ie, Joyner not being played at FS) or something else? He played mostly inside with the Lambs and now Bradley is playing him as a WLB (although he was bad inside for us last year as well). He was money in 2019:

Cory Littleton had only one missed tackle on 1,039 defensive snaps in 2019 pic.twitter.com/HXI5jbIOJN

— PFF (@PFF) June 16, 2020

My guess.... playing behind Donald made him look better than he was (protected him well and kept his lanes clean). Our DT play has not been great, probably the reason they went with Philon/Jefferson looks yesterday.
    He has one missed tackle a series with us it seems like. Joyner was benched his last year with the Rams. When he signed with the Raiders he said he was a slot corner and that was his best position. He signed with the Jets and he said the Raiders were playing him out of position. HE was looking for another payday and like a typical bad player he has all his excuses ready. Yes Aaron Donald makes bad players look good.

Some players can't step up and play better in the shadows. He signed a big money contract and was expected to lead a defense. He cannot do it. So we will move on from him next year
    Last edited by psly2124; 09-14-2021 at 10:26 AM.