Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought on the game

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    midget he will never be what you expect him to be. Never. You said he was a lock to go over 1000k as rookie. I laughed and thought that was the dumbest thing I ever heard. Carr breaking every QB record TD's, yards, and the Raiders going undefeated was more realistic than that comment.

Let me explain something to you. A Qb does not have 30 seconds to throw the ball. A Qb has to get rid of the ball in under 3 seconds. So if you cannot get seperation before the 3 seconds, you are not getting the ball. If you are supposed to be 10 yards down the field and entering your cut, the ball will be thrown. If on that designed play you have not made the cut and are three yards down the field instead of 10. You are not open and the QB needs to look another way. When that happens every single play. The QB will not look to you, because if he's waiting for the receiver to get into his cut 1 second late. HE gets sacked. This the issue we are dealing with. The receivers are not where they need to be at the time the ball needs to be thrown. You can throw in quadruple coverage as long as the receiver is where he needs to be, the pass will be completed. It all about timing and running correct routes.
    Why do you think Brady was so good with poor receivers. They knew the plays, they knew where they needs to be in man coverage and zone coverage. Our receivers are young and clueless to how this game is played. A Qb cannot depend on receivers when they run wrong routes and are not where they need to be. Thats how turnovers happen.
    like I said both edwards and ruggs sucked for most of the game, then when the raven take waller away both wr's wake up, get targets and make huge plays, so explain to me how that works if both wrs were forgotten men,couldn't run routes or get separation but when it counted they learned on the fly to do it ??? do you know how many times derek carr sat back there and waited 3 sec or more for waller to get open while being covered by multiple people, derek carr had a pretty clean pocket most of the night, hell on the ruggs 37 yd that play took a long time to develope, its on carr to stop locking in on waller and to look around and find his open wrs too, its also on grudens fault for not play calling better

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    D line got great pressure all game. Crosby has taken that next step it seems. Defense played well for the most part, definitely can already see improvement. KJ looked ok but seemed slow. Littleton was bad. Abram was pretty bad. Corners were good for the most part. Offense was ok. Carr sucked in the first half and turned it on in the 2nd half. Ruggs was awful. With the exception of his 1 long catch, there was only 1 other instance where he got good separation and Carr didn't see it. Guy is fast as hell and can't create any separation whatsoever. Waller is a dude. Offensive line didn't look great, especially on the right side. James looked completely overmatched. Leatherwood had some issues. Run blocking may be a struggle this year. We absolutely suck on short yardage to gain and this is something the team needs to get squared away immediately
    KJ was asked to cover Watkins on that play and I thought the same thing. I had no idea how big KJ Wright is, he looks like a DE. At least someone else sees midget for what he is. The most infuriating thing about him is his lack of effort. Just watch him on the line of scrimmage. He's the last one off the line on almost every single play. When he gets off the line he shows no effort.

James did look overmatched, but Williams is one of the biggest strongest NT in the game. Pittsburgh runs the same 3-4, he will struggle again in the run game. Hudson also struggled in run blocking. James pass pro was fine. How many times did you see Carr step up in the pocket to make a pass. A few times last night. I haven't seen him do that with Hudson as the center. He couldn't step up because Hudson got pushed back into him. James also needs to work on snapping the ball when Carr is win the shotgun. That wasn't good.

Leatherwood was up and down. The Ravens have a very good defense and use a lot of different blitz packages. We had 4 new lineman on the field most of the game. I don't know much about line calls and picking up blitzes. I feel a lot of the issues we had were not picking up blitzes, not knowing who to pick up and reading blitzes wrong.

Abram was fine, everyone misses tackles and Jackson. Littleton is the worst player on our defense and it isn't close. He plays linebacker like a coverage corner. Avoids contact at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    like I said both edwards and ruggs sucked for most of the game, then when the raven take waller away both wr's wake up, get targets and make huge plays, so explain to me how that works if both wrs were forgotten men,couldn't run routes or get separation but when it counted they learned on the fly to do it ??? do you know how many times derek carr sat back there and waited 3 sec or more for waller to get open while being covered by multiple people, derek carr had a pretty clean pocket most of the night, hell on the ruggs 37 yd that play took a long time to develope, its on carr to stop locking in on waller and to look around and find his open wrs too, its also on grudens fault for not play calling better

A broken clock is right twice a day.

KJ was asked to cover Watkins on that play and I thought the same thing. I had no idea how big KJ Wright is, he looks like a DE. At least someone else sees midget for what he is. The most infuriating thing about him is his lack of effort. Just watch him on the line of scrimmage. He's the last one off the line on almost every single play. When he gets off the line he shows no effort.

James did look overmatched, but Williams is one of the biggest strongest NT in the game. Pittsburgh runs the same 3-4, he will struggle again in the run game. Hudson also struggled in run blocking. James pass pro was fine. How many times did you see Carr step up in the pocket to make a pass. A few times last night. I haven't seen him do that with Hudson as the center. He couldn't step up because Hudson got pushed back into him. James also needs to work on snapping the ball when Carr is win the shotgun. That wasn't good.

Leatherwood was up and down. The Ravens have a very good defense and use a lot of different blitz packages. We had 4 new lineman on the field most of the game. I don't know much about line calls and picking up blitzes. I feel a lot of the issues we had were not picking up blitzes, not knowing who to pick up and reading blitzes wrong.

Abram was fine, everyone misses tackles and Jackson. Littleton is the worst player on our defense and it isn't close. He plays linebacker like a coverage corner. Avoids contact at all costs.
    I think the line will get better as the year progresses. Leatherwood will be fine I think. Same with James. I do agree that Carr was able to step up into the pocket which is awesome. I know people will harp on Hudson in the present but in the long run, it'll be better for us.

As far as Ruggs...people don't want to admit that Jefferson or Jeudy or Lamb were better picks and that we screwed that one up. People want to believe that he will just turn it on or that we can just gadget him around or give him bubble screens or jet sweeps or whatever the hell else to get him involved but the facts are that all he has is speed. His route running is terrible and can't get separation from corners. Its clear Carr doesn't trust him and it's even clearer that Gruden doesn't have too much confidence in him either. Maybe next year he will end up a healthy scratch like Ferrell. Edwards will end up the better player for us.
    Last edited by Ra1derfan53; 09-14-2021 at 11:10 AM.

YEP……….. Yes he made a crucial 37 yard catch, but Carr’s not even looking this guys way, why not? Is it because Gruden’s not calling his number or is it because Carr knows he’s not the guy, he’s never gonna be Tyrek Hill and I think that was the hope when we drafted him over some better traditional WR options,

Hell yes Sneed should have caught that fucking ball, all day he should have caught that ball, cold really, through his damn hands, please, cut his ass

D looked much better but still some sloppy ass play, but to see us getting after a QB, hell to the yeah, just hope the injuries to the D line are not serious

Abraham’s is who he is, but unlike a lot here, I like the kid, like his fire and I like the thump he brings, he gonna hit a sum bitch and I like that, does he fuck up, yep but he also makes people think about him and that can make them hesitate

O line got work to do, they are young and well coached, I believe they will be fine, due to this, I believe our ground game will suffer and it could be Drake and not Jacobs that makes the difference until the O line makes improvements

If we can get after Bens old ass and keep TJ Watt out of our backfield, I think we go 2-0
    Last edited by Pawneee; 09-14-2021 at 11:21 AM.

you got that right

They were in zone coverage. Big difference. We only have 5 receivers on the roster. We don't carry six like in other years. I don't care if he was coming off the bench with a broken foot, covid, coughing up blood and throwing up on himself. Every NFL receiver on an NFL roster makes that player expect Snead and Midget. If he cannot make that catch, he needs to be off the roster. HE had his chance, he failed, now hopefully Gruden moves on from him and we find someone who can make the play . Next man up, bring up Turner from the practice squad. Have him return kickoffs because Henrietta is scared to get hit and cowers like a little girl when the ball hits his hands on a kickoff.
    We can get Marcell Ateman back. Big body and tall. Would have made that catch. Snead? C'mon man.......

Quote Originally Posted by Imasmashu View Post
    Offense was rusty and came in too hot on Waller for long passes. Was hoping to see run game as a strength, but when Jacobs became questionable before the game, then Good got hurt during the game, the run game suffered. Carr throws over 50 attempts. Figuring now that run game may be a problem more than pass protection for this OL.
    Some costly penalties on OL I chalk up to rust, but thought James was a liability in this game. CanÂ’t tell if itÂ’s his size or what, but not great last night.

Carr came thru in the clutch and the DL had takeaways was biggest impact to the game. DL rotation worked really well and DL played as a good a game as could be expected against Jackson. 2nd level played with mixed results. Saw Littleton out of place on at least two of the biggest runs, but perhaps the biggest problem was the threat of Jackson at second level. Perryman n Wright had solid games w/ WrightÂ’s age n speed exposed in open space. Saw his critical 4th down stop where he stunted to hit the RB in the back field. Thought that was exactly why Raiders signed him. Littleton leaves something to be desired and I couldnÂ’t tell if it was just him or how much of a threat Jackson is.

WRÂ’s came thru, each of them, when needed. Thought the mistakes like the Snead INT were mostly rust. Ball was coming in hot and was just a few yards away. He shoulda caught it, but hadnÂ’t caught a pass all day. Not even sure if he played any other snaps. BAL coverage was sticky as hell and I thought all receivers had trouble with separation at some point in the game.

Thought Ruggs needed to work better off line of scrimmage and in his route running. Also, want to see Edwards snatching the ball outta the air more often for contested catches. RenfrowÂ’s timely YAC is always amazing, even tho he keeps doing it.

Decent adjustments by GrudenÂ’s offense that shortened the field a bit and spread the ball around more. This game started off much different for the offense, but they figured it out.

Loved to see DrakeÂ’s production since Jacobs was clearly not 100% and OL run blocking suspect. Hope Cable can get the miscues and miscommunications figured out, especially for James. We def need Good and incognito healthy down the stretch.

Fun play to start the game with run up the gut by Mariota. Was it just me or did he seem fragile or like he got hurt on the run?

Good game and a statement game for the ages. Most entertaining game in week 1 by far. I mighta peed myself alittle in the OT back n forth.
    When the F will defenses stop testing Carr on the all out blitz? Lol.

Finally, saw Jackson’s lips after they scored to take the lead in the 4th quarter saying “…the fuck outta here..”

Agreed, gtfo with the L. Big win for LV.
    Id also like to add Grudens play call on the final play. He set the mother^%$#@x up. Carr said in his post game Gruden told him if we get this look this is what we do. We took over on their 27. Gained a yard on 1st down. Gruden had the down and distance to try to force that look hed seen on tape. Losing five yards is a big gamble. I think the whole FG fiasco was a set up. No way were we kicking on 2nd down. Carlson has the distance and the Ravens clearly know it. So we get a delay of game cause as Gruden said "No one could find the kicker". LOL

So it still 2nd down, still in FG range, we were just about to kick it, but got a dang penalty. Well lets try to get those yards back here on 2nd down and 14. He got the look he wanted and Carr was ready for it.

In John Harbaughs post game he was asked about he playcall. He said "well we were trying to push them out of FG range".

Carr was off in the 1st half and parts of 2nd half. Was throwinf the ball high a lot of times. Thats what leads to INTs. Yes Snead shouldve caught that ball but it was definitely thrown way too high (and with velocity) just like many of Carrs passes in 1st half. First game jitters? Probably. This O hasnt really gottrn a lot of playing time together prior to yesterdays game. Hell, even the nice grab by Waller in 1st half for a crucial 1st down on a 3rd and around 10 was high but Waller luckily nabbed it. For whatever reason Carr seemed off for a lot of the game yesterday. Yes he threw for over 400 but also threw over 20 incompletions. Hopefully we go into Pittsburgh with Carr regaining more accuracy and spreading the ball around more. Damn shame we lost Mariota on 1 fuckin play, as i was so excited to see Gruden use Mariota.. wish the never got hurt as rumor is he was going to run more of those situational plays. Cant believe 1 play for Mariota and boom,.hes injured... the offense is way more exciting when we can put in Mariota on different situations. That shit was clearly shortlived. But overall loved the thinking by Gruden to substitute in Mariota like that. Really opens up this offense tremendously and makes our Opps have to game plan for both.
    Last edited by ThePantyRaider; 09-14-2021 at 05:46 PM.

https://twitter.com/Sanjit__T/status...637341184?s=20

i guess henry ruggs didn't get separation on this play for a wide open td that derek carr missed