Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rumor.....Major shakeup with the Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBeliever View Post
    Mayock said that Leatherwood was the highest player on their board.

That means if Parsons was there they would have taken Leatherwood.

Uh...
    Highest player left on the board.

They're not moving the franchise again are they? Salt Lake City Raiders? Louisville Raiders? Brooklyn Raiders? Mexico City Raiders?

Twitter is garbage.

I don't know what happened but something did happen. The phone calls to every draft pick are available at raiders.com except the leatherwood call.

Apparently I missed it but they showed the war room after the Leatherwood pick and everyone looked dismissive. Davis had a blank look and Mayock was just starting at a computer with his hands in his pockets. No one was celebrating like they were with other picks. Also Gruden wasn't in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    Apparently I missed it but they showed the war room after the Leatherwood pick and everyone looked dismissive. Davis had a blank look and Mayock was just starting at a computer with his hands in his pockets. No one was celebrating like they were with other picks. Also Gruden wasn't in the room.
    gruden made the pick and the call without anybody input, kinda like kevin costner did in draftday

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    Not entirely true. Gruden was not in the room and Davis had his back turned to the TVs announcing the pick. Mayock and whomever else were in there were fist bumping eachother...however body language wise it seemed....weird. Its like they were putting on a show for the cameras. I think it's entirely possible Gruden stepped out to make the pick and call Leatherwood without the input from everyone else in the room. Idk if that's what happened but as psly said...something definitely happened

Don't believe the rumors and bs...
    Follow me on Twitter: BobCarrNFL
    Follow me on Instagram: BobCarrNFL

Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    Don't believe the rumors and bs...
    The thing is; I do believe that Jon Gruden job is now getting to the line of getting fired; not saying anything will happen this season; but what if we end up with another record like 8-9 or 7-10...I know Gruden got a 10 year contract; but nobody really knows what is in that contract; like can Davis fire Gruden after 4 years without having to pay him the rest of money Gruden is owned; or their might be a buy-out clause....

Look at Gruden draft pick...2nd and 3rd rounders are getting release after a couple of year...

I am kinda giving Gruden another year; but if we again end up with the worst defense in the NFL...then I think it time for Gruden to go...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    The thing is; I do believe that Jon Gruden job is now getting to the line of getting fired; not saying anything will happen this season; but what if we end up with another record like 8-9 or 7-10...I know Gruden got a 10 year contract; but nobody really knows what is in that contract; like can Davis fire Gruden after 4 years without having to pay him the rest of money Gruden is owned; or their might be a buy-out clause....

Look at Gruden draft pick...2nd and 3rd rounders are getting release after a couple of year...

I am kinda giving Gruden another year; but if we again end up with the worst defense in the NFL...then I think it time for Gruden to go...
    I think the grace period/honeymoon period is closing (possibly has closed, who knows?), and if the team/the defense doesn't improve I definitely think Gruden's seat gets hot.