Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurst and Key given walking papers

Hurst and Key given walking papers

Looks like we just released these 2.

as predicted,saves us 5.5 million,we should be good for rookie cap now

Raiders waived DE Arden Key.

The No. 87 overall pick of the 2018 Draft, Key played 435 snaps in 2020. You would not typically see a player like that waived at this stage of the offseason, even if the team was fairly confident they would not be making the 53-man roster. One month shy of his 25th birthday, Key has never been a difference maker, and has not hinted at another level to his game.
    Related:

Las Vegas Raiders

Apr 15, 2021, 4:23 PM ET
    Maurice Hurst DL, Unsigned Free Agent
    Raiders waived DT Maurice Hurst.

The No. 140 overall pick of the 2018 Draft, Hurst appeared in at least 11 games each of the past three seasons. It's a curious time of year for him to receive his waking papers, but if you're not in the team's future plans, you're not in the team's future plans. Hurst has eight career sacks on fairly limited snaps, so he will surely get a shot on someone else's 90-man roster. Hurst turns 26 next month.

Surprised by Hurst, but if he's not going to fit the system then make room for someone who will...
    Follow me on Twitter: BobCarrNFL
    Follow me on Instagram: BobCarrNFL

The Raiders have done this twice already this offseason. Most likely its the player agents leaking the release or asking them to seek a trade. Mayock has done it with Hudson and jackson. Maybe we can get a 6th or 7th round pick.

I was kinda surprised at Hurst too but as someone else mentioned he's been getting less and less snaps the last two years. The plethora of DTs we signed must be obviously better.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    as predicted,saves us 5.5 million,we should be good for rookie cap now
    Vinny Bonsignore said the release of Maurice Hurst and Arden Key represents a $4.5m cap savings.
    He also said he has the sense there will be one or two additions as part of the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Vinny Bonsignore said the release of Maurice Hurst and Arden Key represents a $4.5m cap savings.
    He also said he has the sense there will be one or two additions as part of the move.
    i haven't checked exact numbers, just off the top of my head but even at 4.5 saving that puts us close to 7 under now,we may have a few more cuts shortly imo

How many more picks Gruden gonna release that he picked? He ain't taking the RAIDERS to the promised land.

Opens up D line as a possible pick at 17.