Thread: Sports illustrated mock draft

Some of these mocks are predicting Micah Parsons will fall because he didn't play in 2020 because of the pandemic. I'm not so sure that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Some of these mocks are predicting Micah Parsons will fall because he didn't play in 2020 because of the pandemic. I'm not so sure that happens.
    He also had a couple of fights. One in high school and another with a teammate.

I would take Persons in a heart beat, but he probably goes to the Giants at No. 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    I would take Persons in a heart beat, but he probably goes to the Giants at No. 11.
    I really want a dynamic linebacker in the first and a tackle in the second. Parsons fits that request.

Take the best player available; but Gruden in the past has drafted for need

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Take the best player available; but Gruden in the past has drafted for need
    In the past three years, the needs were so great we had no choice. The first year we didn't have a healthy tackle on the roster and we took Miller and Parker. We also had no DT's to speak of. The following year we had Key as our starting DE and nothing on the other side. Last year our starting receivers going into the draft were Zay jones and Ateman and nothing on the other side of mullen. We drafted midget, Edwards at receiver and Arnette and robertson at corner. So the position we drafted was not of need but out of desperation. This year while RT and safety seem to be the biggest needs. They are needs, we have Parker and good who have started at RT. While not an ideal situation, it isn't desperation. Close to desperation. Free agency also has some tackles available if we don't; get our guy. At safety we have Abram, Heath and Joseph. Also all have starting experience but the unit can be improved.
    So unlike the previous year our roster is in a better situation where we don't have to pigeonhole ourselves into selecting a position in the first round. We can go many different directions. We will see how it plays out.
    Last edited by psly2124; 04-14-2021 at 04:22 AM.

A couple months ago all the sports media companies had Collins as the best LB in the draft. Now he's behind Parsons and JOK. Maybe the level of competition at Tulsa hurts his stock. If we trade back to lets say 23ish, maybe somebody falls that the Jets want and they have more than enough capital to trade up.

If Collins and Moehrig are there who do you take? Or neither?

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    A couple months ago all the sports media companies had Collins as the best LB in the draft. Now he's behind Parsons and JOK. Maybe the level of competition at Tulsa hurts his stock. If we trade back to lets say 23ish, maybe somebody falls that the Jets want and they have more than enough capital to trade up.

Parsons has been looked at as a top 5 prospect before the season started and he sat out. The Jets are not trading up, the are in a complete rebuild mode and need every draft pick they can get.

If Collins or Moehrig are available at 17 we pass on both. Moehrig is better then what we have at FS, but he isn't an impact player. And Collins seems a fit for a 3-4 defense like the steelers. You cannot be successful by drafting 4 safeties isn the first 2 rounds the past 6 years with 3 in the first round. It's part of the reason we are in the position we are in. It's similar to drafting 4 guards in the first two rounds over the time period. I can guarantee that team won't be a playoff team.
    Last edited by psly2124; 04-15-2021 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post

Collins, love the kid.