Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's build a bully!

Let's build a bully!

Maybe I'm crazy, but I am beginning to think that I want the Raiders to draft one of the top edge rushers if he is available at our 17th spot. Imagine a defense featuring Maxx Crosby, Yannick Ngakoue and say Azeez Ojulari or Joseph Ossai. Cle Ferrell could be our base end, a run stopper on first and second down, and could move inside on third down giving us a monster pass rush. I want to see Patrick Mahomes running for his life in his backfield.

We can always get a RT in the second round, a safety and a guard in the third round, before adding a corner in the 4th round and additional defensive players in the fifth and sixth rounds.

In order for our defense to improve, we have to get a lot more pressure on opposition QBs. If Crosby or Yannick are out for even a game or two, our defense would suffer.

I like what you said about Mahomes running for his life. I want him ton DREAD playing us!!

I agree with you about drafting for value like you listed. I still think we have huge question marks at DT and like you said could use more edge talent, definitely. I want to see Mayock draft players who can play and those who do not have to switch positions. Those types need to be drafted rounds 5 or later. Mayock needs to start getting good value out of his drafts - not just high character good guys - we need smart picks and talent that can play and/or learn their position immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    I agree with you about drafting for value like you listed. I still think we have huge question marks at DT and like you said could use more edge talent, definitely. I want to see Mayock draft players who can play and those who do not have to switch positions. Those types need to be drafted rounds 5 or later. Mayock needs to start getting good value out of his drafts - not just high character good guys - we need smart picks and talent that can play and/or learn their position immediately.
    I was going to reply with a similar post.....but you said it to a tee.

A blitzing linebacker would be better such as Micah Parsons. He's to fast for the slow guards and centers. Similar to Devin White with the speed and size. Parsons is a taller and would be dangerous on an inside blitz. Thats what this defense really lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    A blitzing linebacker would be better such as Micah Parsons. He's to fast for the slow guards and centers. Similar to Devin White with the speed and size. Parsons is a taller and would be dangerous on an inside blitz. Thats what this defense really lacks.
    Thats why I like Collins. I like Parsons but most likely gone by 17.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Thats why I like Collins. I like Parsons but most likely gone by 17.
    If he keeps getting this bad press about bullying a teammate. A teenager gets into a fist fight. Character issues. Come on. Who hasn't gotten into fights as a teenager. It wasn't a big deal 30 years ago. And it shouldn't be now. Its what happens when the country gets pussified.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    If he keeps getting this bad press about bullying a teammate. A teenager gets into a fist fight. Character issues. Come on. Who hasn't gotten into fights as a teenager. It wasn't a big deal 30 years ago. And it shouldn't be now. Its what happens when the country gets pussified.
    I don't see it effecting his position from top 15.

He did much worse than getting into a fist fight with a teammate. I'm actually surprised it is not affecting him as much, tbh.

If we pass on that watch him become the Randy Moss of this era. Randy had all the talent and numbers to be top 10 but fell to the 20s I think because teams said he was a lone wolf and had off the field issues.

I think Parson is the monster Gruden wants if he's there.