Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Nothing they do makes sense,' cap expert says of Raiders' offseason moves

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    It looks like the front loaded it and when we are a playoff team in the next couple of years it works out better for us. Who cares about salary cap space this year? We signed a bunch of players already. How much more turnover do we need? We have a draft coming up, we will fill holes then.
    yes, we are front-loading the contracts and keeping guys at better salaries later on, it works out better for us long term when the cap starts going up again

I have to agree

Who the fuck is Jason Fitzgerald? A once dominate O-line who can't get a push for Jacobs to pick up a yard on 4th and short. Not dominate. Overpaiud and overrated is more like it.

I was surprised by the Drake signing. In todays NFL you need to RB's, Jacobs has proven he can't play 16 games and is always dinged up. He needs a timeshare, maybe they overpaid a bit for him, but it's only a 2 year deal. It isn;pt like they went out and signed him to a 5-75 million dollar deal. Its 2-11.

IF Fitzgerald is a cap expert what business does he questioning free agent picks. He's a numbers nerd.
    We had the highest paid offensive line in the NFL last year and we couldn't run the ball on fourth and 1? Brown was hurt half the games he was with the Raiders. Gabe Jackson was outperformed by Denzelle Good. Rodney Hudson was still a quality center, but he was 8th best according to PFF, but was paid like he was THE best.

The Raiders have a quick passing offense, which means that they don't have to hold out defenders for 5 seconds.

Kansas City cut both of its starting offensive tackles from last year and everyone thought they were genius.

Raiders won't be a playoff team for the next couple of years? Is that the expectation? Gruden won't make the playoffs by year 6? Am I reading this right? We are pathetic if those are fan expectations now. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    we had the highest paid offensive line in the nfl last year and we couldn't run the ball on fourth and 1? Brown was hurt half the games he was with the raiders. Gabe jackson was outperformed by denzelle good. Rodney hudson was still a quality center, but he was 8th best according to pff, but was paid like he was the best.

The raiders have a quick passing offense, which means that they don't have to hold out defenders for 5 seconds.

Kansas city cut both of its starting offensive tackles from last year and everyone thought they were genius.
    kc also got rid of their center and nobody said a word but when it comes to the raiders getting rid of 1 tackle,1 guard and 1 center is nuts

We r going to the playoffs this yr im going with 11 wins and 6 losses

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    11 wins might not get in. AFC is strong.

what !!!! that a little low; I am expecting the Raiders to be at least 16 win and 1 loss.....not saying 17-0 because that F.I.B expectation for 2021

kc also got rid of their center and nobody said a word but when it comes to the raiders getting rid of 1 tackle,1 guard and 1 center is nuts
    Especially how they played inhale super bowl when playing with backup tackles. They signed a guard for 18 million a year before they had a starting tackle. KC is in trouble.

Especially how they played inhale super bowl when playing with backup tackles. They signed a guard for 18 million a year before they had a starting tackle. KC is in trouble.
    that teams window closed,those massive contracts r hurting em now and there is now a blue print on how to beat em

11 wins might not get in. AFC is strong.
    its because of that strength I think 10 wins gets into the playoffs