Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Trade up idea

  1. #1

    Trade up idea

    We stay put at 17 and look to trade up from our 2nd round pick back into the first round. With our first pick we can go D, if Parsons or Farley fall. We are still in need of a OT. Its possible that the tackle we desire won't be available at pick 48. So we need to find a trading partner at the bottom of the first wiling to trade down. I feel three teams. Ravens, Steelers and Saints.

    Ravens(680) are always moving down but I don't think they have the desire to move down, they are shopping Brown the RT and will get most likely a 2nd and some additional picks. So they have a gaping hole at RT, I think they would stay put

    Steelers(740) They have needs at RB, O line, CB , young QB they are in a bad cap situation. They most likely would like to trade down pick up some extra picks. They find good players in the draft after the first round. They are one of the better drafting teams. Solid fit

    Saints(660) the are also in a very bad cap situation and need to get younger.

    Our second round picks (420), third pick 80(190), and 5th (25). That add up to 635. We get a little better end of the deal, but with the Saints and Ravens it is close enough.

    We can move down in the third and pick up one of the 5th's we lost. Or move down a couple of places in the first and possibly pick up a third

    I don't like trading away the 3 and 5. But we get two starters in the first. At two positions of need. The 2nd might be too late for a RT.
    Last edited by psly2124; 04-06-2021 at 09:37 AM.

  2. #2
    I think with all the uncertainty of drafting players who didn't play at all or limited games in 2020, there will be lots of interest in trading down this year. I think we'd be up for it. Coming out of this draft with a starting RT and defensive player would be a win.

  3. #3
    Another idea I saw floated around was Seattle having only three picks could be looking to trade down in the 2nd. The value of 56(340). Both third would be too much, but maybe a 3rd(190) 4th(52) 5th(25). Might not be enough.

  4. #4
    How about . . .

    Derek Carr
    Raiders 1st
    Raiders 3rd (later one)

    To the Jets for

    The #2 pick

  5. #5

    The smart teams trade up to

    Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    We stay put at 17 and look to trade up from our 2nd round pick back into the first round. With our first pick we can go D, if Parsons or Farley fall. We are still in need of a OT. Its possible that the tackle we desire won't be available at pick 48. So we need to find a trading partner at the bottom of the first wiling to trade down. I feel three teams. Ravens, Steelers and Saints.

    Ravens(680) are always moving down but I don't think they have the desire to move down, they are shopping Brown the RT and will get most likely a 2nd and some additional picks. So they have a gaping hole at RT, I think they would stay put

    Steelers(740) They have needs at RB, O line, CB , young QB they are in a bad cap situation. They most likely would like to trade down pick up some extra picks. They find good players in the draft after the first round. They are one of the better drafting teams. Solid fit

    Saints(660) the are also in a very bad cap situation and need to get younger.

    Our second round picks (420), third pick 80(190), and 5th (25). That add up to 635. We get a little better end of the deal, but with the Saints and Ravens it is close enough.

    We can move down in the third and pick up one of the 5th's we lost. Or move down a couple of places in the first and possibly pick up a third

    I don't like trading away the 3 and 5. But we get two starters in the first. At two positions of need. The 2nd might be too late for a RT.
    Target certain players and trade down in deep drafts. This is a deep draft.

    This draft is strongest in the second and third rounds, where players can be drafted who are grading out nearly as well as the top players. Trade up, you always pay a premium.

    Unless we are after a QB, this is not the draft to trade up. The only exception to this is if we want to move up a couple of spots to ensure we get the offensive tackle we want, thinking someone else is going to grab him right before our pick.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRyb View Post
    How about . . .

    Derek Carr
    Raiders 1st
    Raiders 3rd (later one)

    To the Jets for

    The #2 pick
    Jets probably want to start Saleh era off with rookie QB....otherwise they should have kept Darnold and mined out a treasure of draft picks for #2.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    Target certain players and trade down in deep drafts. This is a deep draft.

    This draft is strongest in the second and third rounds, where players can be drafted who are grading out nearly as well as the top players. Trade up, you always pay a premium.

    Unless we are after a QB, this is not the draft to trade up. The only exception to this is if we want to move up a couple of spots to ensure we get the offensive tackle we want, thinking someone else is going to grab him right before our pick.
    If we don't take a tackle in the first, it's possible we miss out on one. The top of the 2nd round Jets, Bengals, Jags, falcons, Dolphins, Panthers, Giants. They all can take tackles. Some of the teams it depends on what they do in the first. But we can see 10/11 tackles off the board when pick 48 comes along. Some of those teams might not be willing to trade down if they didn't address that issue in the first. When you become desperate, you overpay.
    Yes this is a deep draft at tackle, but it only takes a run for it to become very thin.

    Trading down really isn't how the draft works. Teams target players and when they are available they take them. If they are not available, they trade down. If you trade down to far, you can really fuck up the team future. Thats why teams don't do it, just to trade down.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRyb View Post
    How about . . .

    Derek Carr
    Raiders 1st
    Raiders 3rd (later one)

    To the Jets for

    The #2 pick
    What the hell for?? A tackle? A safety? Maybe just to create another major hole on the roster. Gotta have a decent qb or a dynamic defense to compete in the playoffs.... and no, it ainít Mariota

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    What the hell for?? A tackle? A safety? Maybe just to create another major hole on the roster. Gotta have a decent qb or a dynamic defense to compete in the playoffs.... and no, it ain’t Mariota
    Not only would the Jets never do it. It will take a minimum a 4 first rounders. The niners just traded 3 + to move up to three. These Carr bashers have no quit in them. Two year ago they wanted to release him and get nothing. Now he's worth the #2 pick in the draft.

  10. #10
    Just wanted to see the response. I'm a fan of Carr and don't believe he's the issue with the team

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •