Thread: Jets have traded Sam Darnold

Jets have traded Sam Darnold

The Jets have traded Sam Darnold to the Carolina Panthers for a 2021 sixth-round pick and 2022 second-round and fourth-round picks, the Panthers announced on Twitter.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-3-draft-picks

So pick 1,2,3 are qbs with atl at #4 looking to trade out,we could be looking at 5 qb in the top 8 picks

This is good news for us....I'm getting more and more pumped for the draft.

With all the QBs and probably WRs and Tackles going in the top 12 or so, this year might be the ultimate case of drafting for need or BPA. There might be a Parsons or Pitts who falls to us this year.

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    With all the QBs and probably WRs and Tackles going in the top 12 or so, this year might be the ultimate case of drafting for need or BPA. There might be a Parsons or Pitts who falls to us this year.
    Pitts isn't getting out of the top 10. Parsons could fall, but I don't think he gets past the Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Pitts isn't getting out of the top 10. Parsons could fall, but I don't think he gets past the Patriots.
    This probably depends on the Falcons. If Justin Fields falls to them they probably make him the pick. Some people think that the Falcons trust Matt Ryan for another 2-3 years and that he just needs more weapons, in which case Pitts makes the most sense since they still have Ridley and Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    This probably depends on the Falcons. If Justin Fields falls to them they probably make him the pick. Some people think that the Falcons trust Matt Ryan for another 2-3 years and that he just needs more weapons, in which case Pitts makes the most sense since they still have Ridley and Jones.
    Falcons aren't taking a QB, they want to trade down with the Broncos or whoever wants to move up. The just restructured Ryans's deal which makes it almost impossible to move on from him in the next two years. Matt Ryan is a good QB and has been for a long time, doesn't anyone think that a rookie QB will make the Falcons better. They have issues on defense and o-line for nearly a decade. A rookie QB or a TE isn't going to fix that. The've had weapons every year Ryan was the QB. Gonzalez, White, Jones, Ridley. Offense isn't the problem,

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Falcons aren't taking a QB, they want to trade down with the Broncos or whoever wants to move up. The just restructured Ryans's deal which makes it almost impossible to move on from him in the next two years. Matt Ryan is a good QB and has been for a long time, doesn't anyone think that a rookie QB will make the Falcons better. They have issues on defense and o-line for nearly a decade. A rookie QB or a TE isn't going to fix that. The've had weapons every year Ryan was the QB. Gonzalez, White, Jones, Ridley. Offense isn't the problem,
    True, and with all the training regiments out there, QB's are lasting longer than they did a decade ago. If the Falcons sucked to the 2nd or 3rd pick....would they have kicked Ryan to the curb, or traded down for a gold mine of picks?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    True, and with all the training regiments out there, QB's are lasting longer than they did a decade ago. If the Falcons sucked to the 2nd or 3rd pick....would they have kicked Ryan to the curb, or traded down for a gold mine of picks?
    I don't think a lot of teams are willing to give up draft picks for a 36 year old QB who makes north of 30 million a year. If they got offers for Ryan I think they would have moved him and taken QB who would never be successful.

falcons need to trade back and get extra picks,they have holes at online,rb and defense