Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next up trent trade or cut imo

Next up trent trade or cut imo

Trent Brown T, Las Vegas Raiders
    NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders have "had talks" about trading RT Trent Brown.

Signed to a four-year, $66 million deal ahead of the 2019 season, Brown has missed 16-of-32 games with the Raiders. He battled complications with COVID and other injuries last year, making just five appearances. GM Mike Mayock suggested after the season Brown would be back, but he's obviously listening to offers. Brown turns 28 next month and is a stud when on the field. He has a $14 million cap number for 2021.

So its Good at LG and probably Simpson at RG and then maybe a rookie at RT in the draft or another Vet. All the freed money should go to the defense but I hope it's not at a heavy expense to our OLine quality. Our defense should be improved but if Carr can't get the ball off or Jacobs can't run without a defender immediately in his face then we're taking one step forward and two steps back.

What is Trent Brown's contract compared to other top tackles? Is he on a good deal, etc? I haven't looked any of that up in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    What is Trent Brown's contract compared to other top tackles? Is he on a good deal, etc? I haven't looked any of that up in a while.
    Now he's a good deal, he was pulling 20 million the first 2 years of the deal, now this year scheduled for 14 million and next year 15. It's a risk given how much time he has missed.

Wonder if Mayock and Gruden have been going to our over paid players and asking for a cut, like mumbles did. Gabe would have been an option, same with Tyrell, he isn't going to see 11 million on the open market, neither is Gabe, guarantee half and get the other half in incentives.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderjohn622 View Post
    now he's a good deal, he was pulling 20 million the first 2 years of the deal, now this year scheduled for 14 million and next year 15. It's a risk given how much time he has missed.

Wonder if Mayock and Gruden have been going to our overpaid players and asking for a cut like mumbles did. Gabe would have been an option, same with Tyrell, he isn't going to see 11 million on the open market, neither is Gabe, guarantee half and get the other half in incentives.
    there is gonna be a shit ton of guards and rt available in free agency, we could wait till all the money is nearly gone and get a few bargains that are quality starters, hell we could just bring Richie back on A restructured deal and resign Good so all we need is a replacement rt, we would still have Simpson/PARKER as backup tackles

Thanks. Brown seemed mentally checked out and quit on the team so it's hard to justify bringing him back. I wouldn't be against it if we're giving him a 2nd chance and actually follow through with disciplining him.

It looks like the round 1 pick is going OL.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    It looks like the round 1 pick is going OL.
    Could be....Gruden blames defensive shortcomings on Guenther. They will bring back Good. Incognito will be back. There will be couple RT options on the open market as well.

Really sucks cuz if hes healthy, hes elite....
    Fu#k The Rest

I highly doubt that the Raiders are going to get anything for Brown from another team; not even a 7th round pick because teams know we are stuck with his 14 million price tag....he will be released soon I think....is Donald Penn still in the NFL!