Gabe jackson gone

Raiders Beat
    @RaidersBeat

5m
    #Raiders are releasing Gabe Jackson, per @JosinaAnderson

Just saw. Expected. Re-sign Good. See if Ritchie wants to renegotiate

Gabe Jackson G, Unsigned Free Agent
    Raiders released RG Gabe Jackson.

The move clears $9.6 million in cap space and leaves behind no dead money. One of the very best guards in his heyday, Jackson is closing in on his 30th birthday (in July) and was Pro Football Focus' No. 40 guard out of 80 qualifiers last season, receiving strong marks for his pass protection across 16 starts. Jackson should have a few more solid years left in him and will likely receive strong interest on the open market.
    Related:

Las Vegas Raiders

It sounds like Jackson was pleased with being released and "can't wait" for a fresh start. Liked his teammates but was very welcoming in leaving the organization.

What I do not understand is; why didn't Gruden move Jackson back to his original spot LG...I bet the next team that sign him will move him to LG...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    What I do not understand is; why didn't Gruden move Jackson back to his original spot LG...I bet the next team that sign him will move him to LG...
    Yep, I can see that, and he will see playoffs as well.

https://twitter.com/MongoFeliciano/s...00450135654404

Former linemate saying Gabe is happy with the release.....any chance it's about LG - RG move?

Incognito 119 starts at LG. Then once he went down, it was an option. Gruden is a very conservative coach. He will not move things around mid stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Yep, I can see that, and he will see playoffs as well.

https://twitter.com/MongoFeliciano/s...00450135654404

Former linemate saying Gabe is happy with the release.....any chance it's about LG - RG move?

Incognito 119 starts at LG. Then once he went down, it was an option. Gruden is a very conservative coach. He will not move things around mid stream.
    When Gabe first started for the Raiders he was a LG and I think he came close to making the ProBowl at that position...I can understand Gruden putting Gabe in the RG spot as Jackson was maybe the best RG we have got at this moment....so I am thinking the next team he plays for he will slot in as a LG

their is gonna be a shit load of good guards available for good prices,trai turner,Andrew norwell,kevin zeitler are all gonna get cut shortly

The report said 'releasing', not 'released'. I just saw a report that said Raiders are trying to trade Jackson first, before a straight out release takes place. Nothing listed on Raiders.com about his release listed under transactions.

Here's hoping we can get something in return other than the cap savings.

Go Raiders!

I don't think it's official yet. My guess is a lot of these guys were asked to rework their deals and they said no. What is happening now is a cold market for high priced guards, with a ton of them being released. We might get him to rework his deal now. With that said, after the last couple years I think we can find a better replacement at a cheaper price.