Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Over the cap?

new england,washington football team,chicago

Are we going to have enough money to resign Morrow? Littleton sucks and was a monumental bust....raiders always make the dumbest moves and shoot themselves in their own foot

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    Are we going to have enough money to resign Morrow? Littleton sucks and was a monumental bust....raiders always make the dumbest moves and shoot themselves in their own foot
    https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...ows-free-agent

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    Littleton is a good player, our idiot d cord was a disaster (paul Guenther) Littleton played way better once Guenther was fired

Mariota has all the leverage to force the team to release him vs trading him. He's standing firm on his contract and isn't willing to restructure as part of a possible trade. I'm not sure what we want for him but as the days go by, it looks increasingly likely he gets released for the cap space unless we lower our demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    Mariota has all the leverage to force the team to release him vs trading him. He's standing firm on his contract and isn't willing to restructure as part of a possible trade. I'm not sure what we want for him but as the days go by, it looks increasingly likely he gets released for the cap space unless we lower our demand.
    Too many teams in need of a quality QB to just give Mariota away IMO. Would you rather have Mariota, Fitzpatrick, or Winston? These are the best of the available QB's outside of Wilson and Watson. And is Watson or Wilson even available? Still time to sort things out. Fitz is 39 and Winston has no leadership skills. Mariota is probably the best value, as you will have to pay a kings ransom for Wilson or Watson, and then you have to pay a premium on the salary on top of that.

I think Washington could be the team. Philly was rumored as well but are currently over the cap. Perhaps this is a hang up on a trade?

Stay tuned!

Go Raiders!

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    Too many teams in need of a quality QB to just give Mariota away IMO. Would you rather have Mariota, Fitzpatrick, or Winston? These are the best of the available QB's outside of Wilson and Watson. And is Watson or Wilson even available? Still time to sort things out. Fitz is 39 and Winston has no leadership skills. Mariota is probably the best value, as you will have to pay a kings ransom for Wilson or Watson, and then you have to pay a premium on the salary on top of that.

I think Washington could be the team. Philly was rumored as well but are currently over the cap. Perhaps this is a hang up on a trade?

Stay tuned!

Go Raiders!
    Could be right...or...teams know we have to make a decision soon and will wait us out, essentially calling our bluff. Why trade for him if you know we have to (or so it seems have to) release him? So we either release him or drop the price on him. Sounds like those are the options. Unless something major happens I don't see us getting any serious draft capital for him. A player for player trade? All depends on who it would be. I don't want to just release him without compensation but he isn't making it easy on us plus teams aren't currently willing to meet our trade demands.

Lots can happen over the coming days. Hell we just released both our starting guards. Assuming we're working with Good on a contract. Maybe bring Ritchie back cheaper
    Last edited by Ra1derfan53; 03-05-2021 at 02:25 PM.

I agree with Bass. I expect Littleton, Joyner, and even Abram to look like NFL caliber players this season moving forward now that Guenther is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    Could be right...or...teams know we have to make a decision soon and will wait us out, essentially calling our bluff. Why trade for him if you know we have to (or so it seems have to) release him? So we either release him or drop the price on him. Sounds like those are the options. Unless something major happens I don't see us getting any serious draft capital for him. A player for player trade? All depends on who it would be. I don't want to just release him without compensation but he isn't making it easy on us plus teams aren't currently willing to meet our trade demands.

Lots can happen over the coming days. Hell we just released both our starting guards. Assuming we're working with Good on a contract. Maybe bring Ritchie back cheaper
    Do we though? No one ever said we have to release Mariota. Having the best back-up in the league is a good thing. We are under the cap and just created even more cap space by releasing Incognito. So nothing pressing to just release Mariota.

On the flip side, some teams need to make a decision soon temselves. FA's want to know who the QB is going to be. On top of that, you can wait and take your chances in the draft and draft an unknown commodity. And there's the chance you don't get to draft the guy you truly want.

I've said it before and I will say it again, if a team is trading for Mariota to be their starter, starting QB's are worth more than a low round pick. They just are. If the Bears can't get Wilson, Mariota could be the guy. Washington, Philly, and NE are all still in the mix.

Go Raiders!