Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Richie Incognito

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    This would be a huge risk. Incognito has to be put on a "pay as you play" contract.

It would be shortsighted to hand a $5 million check to a 37 year old guard coming off an Achilles tear.

We can't afford to pay guys like Witten, Williams and Incognito $18 million while getting absolutely nothing in return.

The fact that it's shortsighted makes it all the more likely that Gruden will pull the trigger.

My patience is wearing thin with him and his naive, ill-advised decisions.
    Hopefully, we have a full training camp and pre-season to judge Incognito's recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyHater View Post
    That's a good question. Gruden is a headscratcher so it's hard telling.
    We really need Mayock and Gruden to get on the same page. Mayock expected Gruden to adjust his playcalling for a guy like Ruggs and he didn't budge. We can't whiff on 1st round picks as we have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Imasmashu View Post
    To me you keep both Good and Incognito in same role, see if there is a way to restructure Incognito to mitigate risk to the team if he is reinjured. He makes a big difference when on the field, but most athletes are not the same after an Achilles tear.

Case in point, itís risky keeping him at $5M. He wants to play and prove he can still do it, then he should be open to restructuring. Heís a leader, but Raiders need to rethink their risk strategy.
    we keep him and cut his base to vet min with 1 million in bonus and 3 million in incentives,i bet incognito would do this deal he would be guaranteed 2 million and if he plays 16 games at a high level he gets all of his pay raiders are protected

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    we keep him and cut his base to vet min with 1 million in bonus and 3 million in incentives,i bet incognito would do this deal he would be guaranteed 2 million and if he plays 16 games at a high level he gets all of his pay raiders are protected
    Agreed! As long as he gets his $, I’d bet Incognito gives Gruden one more year. Vet minimum sounds good, but he’s going to want to protect his salary though and 2021 is end of his contract extension, so not sure if just cutting and re-signing would work for him. Maybe restructure to vet min with a performance bonus?

Either way, seems plausible he’d be up to an restructure that gives him the same money for 2021, but helps the cap hit.

No vet minimum to Richie.
    Gruden might not mess with his money.

The difference in the OL with and without Incognito is MASSIVE.
    The passion, intensity, and juice he gives the OL is noticeable. He’s a team leading intense presence we need.

Save that $10M and dump Gabe.
    Resign Good.
    Give Richie his money to help form the best LT, LG, C in the NFL.
    And don’t forget Simpson, who had a bunch of valuable reps in 2020 will be the top backup.

draft more oline in the draft too or sign some vets in free agency

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    I'd give him an increase if he meets incentives.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    No vet minimum to Richie.
    Gruden might not mess with his money.

The difference in the OL with and without Incognito is MASSIVE.
    The passion, intensity, and juice he gives the OL is noticeable. He’s a team leading intense presence we need.

Save that $10M and dump Gabe.
    Resign Good.
    Give Richie his money to help form the best LT, LG, C in the NFL.
    And don’t forget Simpson, who had a bunch of valuable reps in 2020 will be the top backup.
    Gabe needs to go 10 million and barely got any push in the middle on short yardage. To dole out 10 million for that is an overpay....John Simpson at less than 1 million should get the same push Gabe gets. Any chance Good can start at RT?

I’ll never get over the Ruggs and Ferrel picks....could have had Devin White and Jefferson.

I did support the Kolton pick but we also could have had Derwin, Edmunds or Minkah. That’s why I don’t mind giving up some firsts to get a QB like Watson or Wilson. We alwyas blow our 1sts more than any other franchise

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    I’ll never get over the Ruggs and Ferrel picks....could have had Devin White and Jefferson.

I did support the Kolton pick but we also could have had Derwin, Edmunds or Minkah. That’s why I don’t mind giving up some firsts to get a QB like Watson or Wilson. We alwyas blow our 1sts more than any other franchise
    Its mind boggling to think of it sometimes...At the start of the 2002 season we were top 5 all time team in win %, top 5 in superbowls and one of the most successful teams in NFL history..Look where we are now..The ass awfull drafting over these last 20 years are a big reason for that....
    Fu#k The Rest