Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Richie Incognito

Richie Incognito

Vic Tafur is reporting Richie Incognito has recovered from season-ending surgery to the point of being able to run. He is signed for 2021 at $5M with no cap hit if he is released.
    Incognito's replacement from 2020, Denzelle Good, is a free agent. Do we bring Richie back? Do we resign Good?

I would keep him around, but restructure, with via signing bonus, kicking 2 million into next year's cap. Resign Good, 3 years 12 million as insurance....unless Simpson is ready to go.

I think he’s got one more year in him. I think his mean streak and nastiness was missed big time last year. Maybe one full season to rub off on Simpson and maybe Cotton will get us some decent guards for a while

Keep him at 5 per, trade gabe jackson off, resign good

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    This is my thinking too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    This is my thinking too.
    Gabe Jackson at 10 million is way too much for a guard, we can easily replace with good whom IMO was just as good if not better than Gabe Jackson the last yr for half the cost

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    This would be a huge risk. Incognito has to be put on a "pay as you play" contract.

It would be shortsighted to hand a $5 million check to a 37 year old guard coming off an Achilles tear.

We can't afford to pay guys like Witten, Williams and Incognito $18 million while getting absolutely nothing in return.

The fact that it's shortsighted makes it all the more likely that Gruden will pull the trigger.

My patience is wearing thin with him and his naive, ill-advised decisions.

To me you keep both Good and Incognito in same role, see if there is a way to restructure Incognito to mitigate risk to the team if he is reinjured. He makes a big difference when on the field, but most athletes are not the same after an Achilles tear.

Case in point, it’s risky keeping him at $5M. He wants to play and prove he can still do it, then he should be open to restructuring. He’s a leader, but Raiders need to rethink their risk strategy.

In order to restructure, wouldn't we need to create dead cap space for it? Nah. Cut him and re-sign him to a better deal if he wants to return here. He knows the business.

That's a good question. Gruden is a headscratcher so it's hard telling.