Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell wilson asked tobe traded ???

Russell wilson asked tobe traded ???

Bleacher Report
    @BleacherReport
    Russell Wilson’s camp has broached trade destinations with the Seahawks, per @MikeDugar
    , @SandoNFL
    and @JaysonJenks

The Dolphins, Jets, Saints and Raiders have been mentioned. Some people in the NFL think a trade could happen “in the near future.”

Russell Wilson QB, Seattle Seahawks
    The Athletic's Michael-Shawn Dugar, Mike Sando and Jayson Jenks report Russell Wilson's camp has broached trade destinations with Seattle to the Dolphins, Jets, Saints and Raiders.

The report also notes that "some people around the league" believe a trade will happen, if not this offseason then sometime in the "near future," and that those close to Wilson feel as though the pillars upon which coach Pete Carroll built his program — namely competition and accountability — are applied selectively, especially as it pertains to himself and his sons. If that truly is the case, Wilson would knowingly waive his no-trade clause to join one of the four teams listed above if only to escape Carroll's reign, which runs through the 2025 season after the organization gifted the 69-year-old an extension late last year. It's still possible this relationship is repaired, but the two sides continue to grow farther apart with every passing day.

These guys ALWAYS include the Raiders in these “reports” regardless if its true or not. NFL slowly becoming the NBA where these guys can just change teams at will

Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    These guys ALWAYS include the Raiders in these “reports” regardless if its true or not. NFL slowly becoming the NBA where these guys can just change teams at will
    Yea. Like I saw the JJ Watt tweet yesterday that it's gonna be between the Packers, Bills, and Titans with a dark horse being the Raiders. While I'd love to sign Watt, I don't think we would be a serious landing spot for him. He wants to go to an instant contender and I think we are AT BEST a year away from even sniffing a conference championship game. Plus the money and our cap issue. His age and recent injury history.

I really hope this doesn't turn into the NBA where guys can just bitch and moan after a couple of not so great seasons and force a trade. If that happens, goodbye to any NFL parity.

As far as Wilson, cost is too much...just like Watson. Just roll with Carr. Improve the defense. I would be wondering if we could swing a trade for Brown to Seattle? Their offensive line stinks and it could help appease Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    Yea. Like I saw the JJ Watt tweet yesterday that it's gonna be between the Packers, Bills, and Titans with a dark horse being the Raiders. While I'd love to sign Watt, I don't think we would be a serious landing spot for him. He wants to go to an instant contender and I think we are AT BEST a year away from even sniffing a conference championship game. Plus the money and our cap issue. His age and recent injury history.

I really hope this doesn't turn into the NBA where guys can just bitch and moan after a couple of not so great seasons and force a trade. If that happens, goodbye to any NFL parity.

As far as Wilson, cost is too much...just like Watson. Just roll with Carr. Improve the defense. I would be wondering if we could swing a trade for Brown to Seattle? Their offensive line stinks and it could help appease Wilson
    Good idea, for years they had a patchwork OLine...it'd be a start....IF they can wheel Brown out there for 16.

Seattle would get 39 million cap hit this year.

will believe it when it happens. It probably won't happen.

Peter King suggested the Raiders may have to package quarterback Carr, safety Abram, receiver Renfrow and possibly running back Jacobs in a trade for Wilson.

The Raiders were 2.3 points above the league scoring average, but 5.1 points above the average for giving up points last season. Can Wilson close the gap?
    Especially if we give up Jacobs and Renfrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Peter King suggested the Raiders may have to package quarterback Carr, safety Abram, receiver Renfrow and possibly running back Jacobs in a trade for Wilson.
    That would be a pretty big blow for us...all for a 32 year old QB?