Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carr extension?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    I saw somewhere where somebody had the raiders drafting a wr at number 17....and you know what; would not surprise me
    Awesome, an expert predictor is not basing the pick on team need.....but the guy in charge of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by xramfan View Post
    My opinions on Carr aside, in a low cap year shouldn't the Raiders be sinking every nickel and dime into improving the defense right now? I have been told our offense isn't an issue but we only need to improve the defense.
    Maybe their thinking about cutting the cap number down from 22 by giving him a signing bonus now, of say 12 million, moving the base to 7 million. So he gets his projected base, we drop his cap number to about 15. We can also further reduce it by giving him extending him a year or 2. Given the drop in the cap......the additional 7 million in space is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Awesome, an expert predictor is not basing the pick on team need.....but the guy in charge of the draft.
    I have no idea who the raiders will
    Draft at 17; but somebody put it
    out there that we are drafting a wr....
    Maybe he or she was taking the piss

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    I saw somewhere where somebody had the raiders drafting a wr at number 17....and you know what; would not surprise me
    I believe we will go heavy defense, specifically in the first 3 rounds other than maybe drafting an RT.....however...with that being said....I do have that thought in the back of my mind where our guys think the draft is super deep in front 7 help and we draft offensive guys early