Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade for DT Daron Payne?

Trade for DT Daron Payne?

Pro Football Focus is suggesting the Raiders trade for Washington DT Daron Payne. They suggest the Raiders trade pick No. 48 and a future Day 3 pick. Payne is in the final year of his rookie contract, but he does have a fifth year option.
    PPF says “The Las Vegas Raiders are desperate for help along the interior in the run game with interior defender Johnathan Hankins hitting free agency, and Payne provides a perfect replacement and upgrade. Pairing him with Maurice Hurst,
    who can get after the passer but struggles in the run game, would be a match made in heaven. " They also point out that 2021 is a weak draft class for DTs.

I really liked Payne coming out. He's a solid DT, nothing special. He would be out best DT by a country mile. Maybe trade Marriota for Payne.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    I really liked Payne coming out. He's a solid DT, nothing special. He would be out best DT by a country mile. Maybe trade Marriota for Payne.
    ‘I’d be ok with that...
    Follow me on Twitter: BobCarrNFL
    Follow me on Instagram: BobCarrNFL

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    That trade makes too much sense for us. Lol

The Raiders rarely have good/great DT's on the team. It's not needed and our record proves it.

That year i was screaming for us to take Either Payne or Jarren Reed...I personally wouldnt give up much for him, definetly not pick 48..Reed was the better of the two..And hes gona need to be extended in a year or two..And in washington they actually have a dline..Yea he would be our best lineman by a mile but without the talent around him like in washington he might struggle...
    Fu#k The Rest

And when i was talkin bout keeping Hankins, only at a team friendly price...
    Fu#k The Rest

Quote Originally Posted by Garner25 View Post
    That year i was screaming for us to take Either Payne or Jarren Reed...I personally wouldnt give up much for him, definetly not pick 48..Reed was the better of the two..And hes gona need to be extended in a year or two..And in washington they actually have a dline..Yea he would be our best lineman by a mile but without the talent around him like in washington he might struggle...
    exactly payne has benefited greatly due to the talent of washingtons front 7,i like reed much better then payne coming

Quote Originally Posted by Garner25 View Post
    And when i was talkin bout keeping Hankins, only at a team friendly price...
    hankins on washington would be a better version of payne,hankins on our team is avg at best,im for moving on from hankins he does nothing for our pass rush and our run d with him is still crap

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    hankins on washington would be a better version of payne,hankins on our team is avg at best,im for moving on from hankins he does nothing for our pass rush and our run d with him is still crap
    Agreed...But we have to do something i guess
    Fu#k The Rest