Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jj watt released

jj watt released

J.J. Watt DL, Unsigned Free Agent
    Texans released J.J. Watt.

Watt in a video posted to Twitter Friday morning said he and the team "mutually agreed to part ways" after his release request. The Texans, true to form, chose not to trade Watt for draft picks or any other form of compensation. A first round pick in 2011, Watt became the face of the Texans franchise over a decade of underachieving Houston teams that were never real championship contenders. Watt, Pro Football Focus' seventh highest-graded edge defender in 2020, is sure to have multiple suitors in the coming months. The potential trade of Deshaun Watson from the dysfunctional franchise leaves the Texans in rebuild mode with few short-term prospects.

passsssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    passsssssssss
    Doubt he would wanna come here anyways. He'll wanna go to an instant contender like Green Bay, KC, Tampa, Buffalo, maybe Baltimore. Only other thing could be if he wants to play with his brothers in Pittsburgh. I also don't think our scheme fits him

Follow me on Twitter: BobCarrNFL
    Follow me on Instagram: BobCarrNFL

We need to draft DL, and not a 5th round flyer or something...But Coach Fisher loves his vets....
    Fu#k The Rest

Watt is chasing rings at this point his career....otherwise he would not have requested his release this offseason....given the cap situation league wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Watt is chasing rings at this point his career....otherwise he would not have requested his release this offseason....given the cap situation league wide.
    tom brady to jj watt come play for tampon bay at vet min and win a ring,jj watt: where do i sign

I doubt the Raiders sign Watt, but the large number of cap casually free agents combined with less money to spend should create some deals for teams.

A stat said he was the 15th rated pass rusher last year out of 119. If his cost was reasonable I could live with the decision. His presence could help light a fire on the defense too.

watt.jpg
    Last edited by rabidraider; 02-14-2021 at 10:29 AM.

Watt signed with the Cards. Two year $31 million contract with $23 million guaranteed.
    He definitely was chasing money instead of a ring.