Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jj watt released

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Watt signed with the Cards. Two year $31 million contract with $23 million guaranteed.
    He definitely was chasing money instead of a ring.
    Was very surprised to see that. Maybe he's tired of snow.

Yeah. I’m pretty glad that the Raiders didn’t lay out that kind of money for this guy. He might have more left than I think, but I haven’t seen production to warrant that kind of scratch

For all the talk about going to an instant contender, he took what was probably the best deal on the table. I'd say out of all the teams trying to aquire him (anywhere from a 3rd to half the league), the Cardinals probably were one of the few teams to offer a 2 year deal with that kind of guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    Was very surprised to see that. Maybe he's tired of snow.
    Houston is dysfunctional. Watson demanding out......it ain't the snow. He wanted a semi decent functioning NFL team....while collecting a paycheck. If it was winning, he'd play for the minimum in Pittsburgh, or Tampa or KC.....it was the cash. He no longer had guaranteed cash with Houston....and felt he better strike before the salary caps dried up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    For all the talk about going to an instant contender, he took what was probably the best deal on the table. I'd say out of all the teams trying to aquire him (anywhere from a 3rd to half the league), the Cardinals probably were one of the few teams to offer a 2 year deal with that kind of guarantee.
    cardinals are gonna be tough as hell to beat in the nfc west they have probably the best pass rush now with watt up the gut and chandler jones and Allen/Reddick/phillips off the ends

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    cardinals are gonna be tough as hell to beat in the nfc west they have probably the best pass rush now with watt up the gut and chandler jones and Allen/Reddick/phillips off the ends
    I do not share your optimism. They are the 3rd or 4th best team in their own division depending on how healthy San Fran will be. They could arguably end up better than Seattle depending on the Wilson situation but at this current moment I'd pick either the Rams or Seattle to win that division. Not to mention Green Bay is a better team. Tampa Bay is a better team. New Orleans is a better team (with Brees or even with a decent replacement). You could make a case Washington with average QB play is just as good. The Cowboys with the return of Prescott could be just as good. That's just in the NFC! In the AFC, KC, Buffalo, Baltimore, and Tennessee are all better. Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Indy are arguably better.

I'm a fan of Watt and want him to win a ring, instead he took the money (which I don't fault him for) in exchange for most likely not advancing to anywhere near a Superbowl in the next 2 years. There's at least 10 teams with a better shot of winning it all next year and he had the chance to probably sign with half of them.

All depends on Murray taking the next step. The Cardinals defense gave up the least amount of points in that division. If Murray elevates his game to top tier levels then they will be the best or 2nd best team in that division, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    All depends on Murray taking the next step. The Cardinals defense gave up the least amount of points in that division. If Murray elevates his game to top tier levels then they will be the best or 2nd best team in that division, imo.
    cardinals need a better te,maybe add ertz,henry or even rudolph,just throwing this out there will fuller as the speed reuniting him with dhop would be a monster move