Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 37 Years...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    ...Washington was suppose to kill the Raiders in that game; but that never happened
    They forgot about Hayes and Haynes! And Howie and Ted, Matt, Lyle and Rod!

Raiders last won a Super Bowl January 1984. I was born August 1984. I have never seen this team win anything. I have seen like less than 15 winning seasons in my entire life too.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Raiders last won a Super Bowl January 1984. I was born August 1984. I have never seen this team win anything. I have seen like less than 15 winning seasons in my entire life too.
    I've been here almost from the beginning. Lots of playoff games...Division titles....AFC championships and of course all 3 Superbowls. I'm very bitter and getting impatient. I'm having trouble seeing this team contending for ANYTHING for the next 7 years. Thats a LONG time when you consider the fact that weve seen 18 years of bullshit already.

DH - It helped that my dad was a Raiders fan from the beginning but, man... this shit is getting tough lol

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    I was born in 89 so I only remember the early 2000's. I remember reading a thread on some kind of fan page somewhere that since 1985, basically only the Browns have had less losing seasons and they weren't around for 3 years. The Bengals, Bills, Jets...all teams that have for years been described as terrible franchises have more winning seasons and more playoff appearances in that time frame. The poster summed it up by saying that this isn't a slump....its 35 years of poor coaching, bad drafting, and bad signings. The only sustained success we had was with the GOAT WR, another HOF receiver, a good o line, underrated 1-2 punch at RB, a a very good QB who had been overlooked his whole career, and a decent defense.

I know guys on here talk about the glory days and stuff but out glory days are in black and white pictures with some early colorized TV. Since we lost lost tuck rule game almost 20 years ago....we've won 2 playoff games. Hopefully better times are ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyHater View Post
    I've been here almost from the beginning. Lots of playoff games...Division titles....AFC championships and of course all 3 Superbowls. I'm very bitter and getting impatient. I'm having trouble seeing this team contending for ANYTHING for the next 7 years. Thats a LONG time when you consider the fact that weve seen 18 years of bullshit already.
    long time fan,seen it all including the 3 super bowls and all of the league changing plays...good times

As mentioned, piss poor coaching, drafting, development are huge pieces to the past 30 or so years. Add the rules and refs having caught up with us. It's like 3 teams against the Raiders on any given Sunday, the refs, the NFL and the other teams. There was a GB LB wearing a club on his hand playing yesterday...if it was a Raider he'd be ejected. There are rules for the 31 teams, a totally different one for the Raiders.