Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 37 Years...

37 Years...

Anniversaries can be bittersweet, but still need to be commemorated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XVIII

It's been a long time since the last Raider championship, but hey, a few teams don't have a single one. And those who remember it know that SB XVIII was a glorious one!

Man I feel old; remember watching
    that game in my parent basement
    with a bunch of friends....

Washington was suppose to kill the
    Raiders in that game; but that never
    happened

Quote Originally Posted by superraider View Post
    man i feel old; remember watching
    that game in my parent basement
    with a bunch of friends....

Washington was suppose to kill the
    raiders in that game; but that never
    happened
    yep basement with friends getting high and drunk watching that sweet crushing of the redskins ...good times !!!

Anybody remember john riggins getting his ass handed to him on short !!!

I remember it well. Just graduated from high school the previous spring and was in a confusing time of my life as to what to do with it. The Raiders were my pillar...I could lean on them and count on them to kinda "get away " from life's troubles. What an organization! Things sure have changed though.

soon it'll be 50 years. Nothing will change as long as organization at the top stays the same.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Don’t plan on seeing a championship for the Raiders, in the next decade, hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post
    Don’t plan on seeing a championship for the Raiders, in the next decade, hope I am wrong.
    I alway thought that 2021 will be the turning for the Raiders; my prediction was 8-8 for 2020 and that seem to have come true...truth is; leave the offense alone and just fixed the defense in 2021 and we could end up with a 10-6 record...the raiders salary cap is in way better position than most of the NFL team and every team in the NFL is going to have release players that they don't want to...and remember; only one team has beaten the Chiefs this year....we are getting there is just a slow process...

Plus we now got a proven DC....if Bradley was the DC last season...we would have won the Chiefs game and Dolphins game....

If dumb and dumber would start drafting players where they should be taken instead of trying to outreach everybody else...this could go the other way real quick. Until that happens I will continue to be a pain in the ass. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyHater View Post
    If dumb and dumber would start drafting players where they should be taken instead of trying to outreach everybody else...this could go the other way real quick. Until that happens I will continue to be a pain in the ass. Stay tuned.
    I know the drafting has not been great; but I do think that 2021 should be a better year for the years;