Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: trade talk

Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    I can see that happening as well.

I think it's funny that people want to trade Carr, especially when our defense is as bad as ours. With our current offense, if the defense could just become average, top 20 we easily win 10+ games a year...
    I've been saying that for a while. Carr threw 27 TD's this season against only 9 INTs. Keep in mind that the Raiders did not have a true #1 WR all season and Carr still threw 27 TDs. Carr is NOT the issue! Spend whatever money they manage to scrape up on defense. Vet CB and a penetrating DT like Leonard Williams.

The opponent gets the ball to start the game and scores a TD on the Raiders defense. The Raiders start their first possession with a Jacobs run for 4 yards. Jacobs runs again on second down, but is stuffed at the line.
    Watson throws a pass that is dropped by the receiver. Punt. The opponent takes the ball down field for a FG. Sound familiar? We need defense.

Quote Originally Posted by johnkr View Post
    the opponent gets the ball to start the game and scores a td on the raiders defense. The raiders start their first possession with a jacobs run for 4 yards. Jacobs runs again on second down, but is stuffed at the line.
    Watson throws a pass that is dropped by the receiver. Punt. The opponent takes the ball down field for a fg. Sound familiar? We need defense.
    yeah,well add a true wr1 in alan robinson and you dont get that drop but a 1st down and since alan robinson is a true wr1, jj doesn't get just 4 yds and stuffed,you can draft and use the rest of free agency to address oline and defense to help us improve to the 20 area while improving our #7 ranked offense to top 3

Leave the offense alone; Ruggs, Edward, Waller and Renfro will be fine...plus the wide receiver that Gruden use on his 17th pick of the draft

Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    I can see that happening as well.

I think it's funny that people want to trade Carr, especially when our defense is as bad as ours. With our current offense, if the defense could just become average, top 20 we easily win 10+ games a year...
    What I find even more funny is that people think that Carr is capable of winning down the stretch, in the playoffs, on the road, in the cold. He’s a slightly lesser version of Alex Smith.

If you’re content with possibly making the playoffs and possibly winning a wildcard match-up at best, stick with Carr. He’s not won a championship at any level dating back to high school and college.

I agree with you about Carr

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    What I find even more funny is that people think that Carr is capable of winning down the stretch, in the playoffs, on the road, in the cold. He’s a slightly lesser version of Alex Smith.

If you’re content with possibly making the playoffs and possibly winning a wildcard match-up at best, stick with Carr. He’s not won a championship at any level dating back to high school and college.
    Good guy. Decent QB. But he just isn't what I would call a "winner."

He's never won a championship at any level. His stats are good, but the only stat that really matters is the won-loss record, for which he has a pathetic record.

But it's not all his fault, his supporters say, and they have a point. Carr has never been surrounded by a top-notch defense. But he's also had some pretty great weapons on offense, especially in 2019 and 2020. How many times did the offense seemingly take off the entire third quarter? How many times did our offense go three and out when a drive after getting a lead would have allowed our defense to pin their ears back and rush the passer?

Teams that lead the league in sacks typically get a lead and they let their defenses loose. We never seem to get a lead. We get a lead then go a couple of three and outs and allow teams to get back into the game and actually take the lead. Then Carr might lead us to a come-from-behind win that is only a come-from-behind win because our offense didn't get the job done when we had a lead.

Sorry to be so critical, but I'm at the point that I'm tired of "looking to next season." I think it may be time for a shake up at the QB position, even if it means taking a step back for now so we can take a step forward in 2022 and actually compete for a Super Bowl.

There's going to be a lot of turnover in the NFL this offseason. This might be the time to think about moving on from Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    Good guy. Decent QB. But he just isn't what I would call a "winner."

He's never won a championship at any level. His stats are good, but the only stat that really matters is the won-loss record, for which he has a pathetic record.

But it's not all his fault, his supporters say, and they have a point. Carr has never been surrounded by a top-notch defense. But he's also had some pretty great weapons on offense, especially in 2019 and 2020. How many times did the offense seemingly take off the entire third quarter? How many times did our offense go three and out when a drive after getting a lead would have allowed our defense to pin their ears back and rush the passer?

Teams that lead the league in sacks typically get a lead and they let their defenses loose. We never seem to get a lead. We get a lead then go a couple of three and outs and allow teams to get back into the game and actually take the lead. Then Carr might lead us to a come-from-behind win that is only a come-from-behind win because our offense didn't get the job done when we had a lead.

Sorry to be so critical, but I'm at the point that I'm tired of "looking to next season." I think it may be time for a shake up at the QB position, even if it means taking a step back for now so we can take a step forward in 2022 and actually compete for a Super Bowl.

There's going to be a lot of turnover in the NFL this offseason. This might be the time to think about moving on from Carr.
    I couldnt have said it better myself ...

Its also noteworthy that in 6 of our 8 losses, our offense was atrocious through the first 3 quarters of the game.

In those losses, we managed to put up some points in the 4th and accumulated yardage against prevent defenses.

The next morning: Carr threw for 345 yards and we still lost. Our defense is terrible.
    Last edited by DoctorRaider; 01-23-2021 at 03:20 PM.

Carr to indy for their 1st and 3rd,then trade our 2nd rd pick and indys 3rd to detroit for stafford,then trade stafford to san fran for their 1st and 3rd start marcus mariota,we get 3 1st rd picks #12,#17,#21,hows that for horse trading,lol

I've played a lot of sports in my life

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    I couldn’t have said it better myself ...

It’s also noteworthy that in 6 of our 8 losses, our offense was atrocious through the first 3 quarters of the game.

In those losses, we managed to put up some points in the 4th and accumulated yardage against prevent defenses.

The next morning: “Carr threw for 345 yards and we still lost. Our defense is terrible.”
    I've known a lot of guys who put up good stats in various sports, but could never seem to be a consistent winner. We've had one good year with Carr -- 2016. And he was hurt and couldn't play in the playoffs.

Since then, we've just not won. With a leader at QB, I have to think that this leader would have stopped the late season collapse the past two years. We had chances both years with easy schedules to finish out the year and to make the playoffs, and just couldn't get it done.

You're right, at times our offense stunk it up. We get a lead. We get three or four three and outs, and the other team comes back and wins.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    i've known a lot of guys who put up good stats in various sports, but could never seem to be a consistent winner. We've had one good year with carr -- 2016. And he was hurt and couldn't play in the playoffs.

Since then, we've just not won. With a leader at qb, i have to think that this leader would have stopped the late season collapse the past two years. We had chances both years with easy schedules to finish out the year and to make the playoffs, and just couldn't get it done.

You're right, at times our offense stunk it up. We get a lead. We get three or four three and outs, and the other team comes back and wins.
    carrs stats last 2 yrs have been as good as 2016 though and he also gave us multiple leads with less then 2 minutes to go including getting the go ahead score and leaving 18 sec only to lose