Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: trade talk

Quote Originally Posted by superraider View Post
    think wentz is stuck with the eagles; have no idea how they can unload him
    wentz and goof are not tradable due to their max deals with huge guaranteed cash up front

Carr isn't the issue. Yes, he fumbled quite a few times this year but the offense scored points 27.1 points per game ahead of a couple of playoff teams. We finished 10th in scoring. Why spend a ransom on a QB when the defense is the issue? For me, the return on investment just isn't there. Houston averaged 24 PPG. I would assume some of the passing yards and completions were during garbage play since they finished 4-12. Watson had a great season statistically but not enough for me to mortgage future picks to get him. Fix the defense! You'll be surprised at how many games we'll win with even middle of the road defense!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthRaider View Post
    Carr isn't the issue. Yes, he fumbled quite a few times this year but the offense scored points 27.1 points per game ahead of a couple of playoff teams. We finished 10th in scoring. Why spend a ransom on a QB when the defense is the issue? For me, the return on investment just isn't there. Houston averaged 24 PPG. I would assume some of the passing yards and completions were during garbage play since they finished 4-12. Watson had a great season statistically but not enough for me to mortgage future picks to get him. Fix the defense! You'll be surprised at how many games we'll win with even middle of the road defense!
    True, 3 games we lost, with 1 stop we win. Chargers, Dolphins, Chiefs were all Ws with 1 stop.....we go 11-5, own the breaker over the Browns....playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderjohn622 View Post
    true, 3 games we lost, with 1 stop we win. Chargers, dolphins, chiefs were all ws with 1 stop.....we go 11-5, own the breaker over the browns....playoffs.
    add alan robinson the rest goes to defense via fa and draft plus oline

I think our offense could get better with better play calling, especially in the red zone and maybe dumbing down the offense a little. I think if we do those few things our offense will be a ton better.

As I've been saying for awhile now, we should invest in O-line and D-line guys. Carr needs a lot of protection to be effective and we need to get to the opposing QB more frequently.

Anything else is gravy.

Automatically add two wins with Watson at the helm; he's a far better QB and with all of our weapons he'd do damage.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorraider View Post
    automatically add two wins with watson at the helm; he's a far better qb and with all of our weapons he'd do damage.
    make it 3 wins cause deshaun can run

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    make it 3 wins cause deshaun can run
    You’re probably right. Guy just makes plays despite having limited weapons around him.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    Automatically add two wins with Watson at the helm; he's a far better QB and with all of our weapons he'd do damage.
    ....and we still miss the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    I can see the Colts going after Wentz to replace Rivers. Colt's HC Reich was Wentz's offensive coordinator during the most productive years of his career in Philadelphia.
    I can see that happening as well.

I think it's funny that people want to trade Carr, especially when our defense is as bad as ours. With our current offense, if the defense could just become average, top 20 we easily win 10+ games a year...
    Follow me on Twitter: BobCarrNFL
    Follow me on Instagram: BobCarrNFL