Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Could be the most interesting offseason in quite some time

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    Brees will retire.
    Brady is gonna be back.
    Reports are Ben will be back, specifically cause he gets a ton of money if he comes back.
    Jags get Lawrence.
    Jets will probably stick with Darnold.
    Carr will be back with Raiders.
    Who knows with Watson....maybe a team like the Jets make a play.

    I hope we go after Williams
    My thoughts exactly. Jets should and probably will keep Darnold and build up the team around him. If they draft a QB with the first round pick they're just gonna be in the same situation next year. Talented QB with 3rd stringers around him.

    The money available probably depends on what we do with big Trent. If he shows up to camp in shape then we should keep him as he is a top 10 tackle when healthy. Then we just sign FAs for depth. If he comes in and looks like he eats 8 burgers a day then dump him and allocate that money towards a big namer like Leonard Williams or Maye or Simmons.

  2. #12

    In just the past two seasons

    Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Jets should and probably will keep Darnold and build up the team around him. If they draft a QB with the first round pick they're just gonna be in the same situation next year. Talented QB with 3rd stringers around him.

    The money available probably depends on what we do with big Trent. If he shows up to camp in shape then we should keep him as he is a top 10 tackle when healthy. Then we just sign FAs for depth. If he comes in and looks like he eats 8 burgers a day then dump him and allocate that money towards a big namer like Leonard Williams or Maye or Simmons.
    Trent Brown has had a cap hit of just under $37M. For being on the field 16 of those 32 games. That's $2.3M per game played, or an annual salary based on availability of $37 million.

    If I'm Gruden, my conversation goes something like this. . .

    "Trent, I want you to show up for training camp in 2021 at 360 pounds. And I want you to use our facilities in the offseason to stay in shape and get stronger and healthier."

    If Trent doesn't show up or show up lighter, he's gone. He's traded for whatever we can get for him. Save the money, pay another good tackle $10 million who will actually be on the field.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    Trent Brown has had a cap hit of just under $37M. For being on the field 16 of those 32 games. That's $2.3M per game played, or an annual salary based on availability of $37 million.

    If I'm Gruden, my conversation goes something like this. . .

    "Trent, I want you to show up for training camp in 2021 at 360 pounds. And I want you to use our facilities in the offseason to stay in shape and get stronger and healthier."

    If Trent doesn't show up or show up lighter, he's gone. He's traded for whatever we can get for him. Save the money, pay another good tackle $10 million who will actually be on the field.
    We don't need Brown; we got Branden (roundabout) Parker to replace him....

    The thing is that the raiders need to make a decision like now on Trent Brown before the free agency start and the draft; because the Raiders really need to replace him with somebody....I thought Parker improved but I would not like to go into 2021 with Parker as the RT....think Parker is still project

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Jets should and probably will keep Darnold and build up the team around him. If they draft a QB with the first round pick they're just gonna be in the same situation next year. Talented QB with 3rd stringers around him.

    The money available probably depends on what we do with big Trent. If he shows up to camp in shape then we should keep him as he is a top 10 tackle when healthy. Then we just sign FAs for depth. If he comes in and looks like he eats 8 burgers a day then dump him and allocate that money towards a big namer like Leonard Williams or Maye or Simmons.
    Jets should stick with Darnold. They will possibly draft the stud tackle from OR and make a trade for a stud interior lineman. Might even kick last years 1st rd tackle into the interior and make a trade for someone like Brown all drafting the top OT. If they build that line Darnold could perform but his O-line has been horrible.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    We don't need Brown; we got Branden (roundabout) Parker to replace him....

    The thing is that the raiders need to make a decision like now on Trent Brown before the free agency start and the draft; because the Raiders really need to replace him with somebody....I thought Parker improved but I would not like to go into 2021 with Parker as the RT....think Parker is still project
    Agreed, you need to address the RT spot, Trent Brown one way or another before free agency. If you keep Brown, then do you talk a reduced cap hit in the least. If you decide no on Brown, then you know what you need in free agency.....giving Brown a workout ultamatum, opens up a glaring hole on your roster, if he fails those workouts, then your stuck with a 13 million dollar hit. To me if you're in, you have to reduce his hit to say 9-10 million.

    Parker is getting better, going into his 4th season, solid backup swing tackle type, maybe going into season 5, he earns a starting role, like Jon Feliciano did in Buffalo. I'd give Parker a look at guard as well.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderjohn622 View Post
    agreed, you need to address the rt spot, trent brown one way or another before free agency. If you keep brown, then do you talk a reduced cap hit in the least. If you decide no on brown, then you know what you need in free agency.....giving brown a workout ultamatum, opens up a glaring hole on your roster, if he fails those workouts, then your stuck with a 13 million dollar hit. To me if you're in, you have to reduce his hit to say 9-10 million.

    Parker is getting better, going into his 4th season, solid backup swing tackle type, maybe going into season 5, he earns a starting role, like jon feliciano did in buffalo. I'd give parker a look at guard as well.
    we can also keep sam young for cheap as a swing player guard/tackle and then there is john simpson whom showed a bit this yr

  7. #17

    Rivers has now announced his retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    we can also keep sam young for cheap as a swing player guard/tackle and then there is john simpson whom showed a bit this yr
    The Colts will be likely be looking for a QB. They weren't satisfied with Brisset before. They likely won't be now, either.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    The Colts will be likely be looking for a QB. They weren't satisfied with Brisset before. They likely won't be now, either.
    marcus mariota would fit that scheme and then some,question is cost and how high of a pick are they willing to go to get him,unless they go all in on deshaun watson (doubtful)

  9. #19

    Going to be more moves

    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    marcus mariota would fit that scheme and then some,question is cost and how high of a pick are they willing to go to get him,unless they go all in on deshaun watson (doubtful)
    So, the Rams get Stafford for Goff in a blockbuster deal.

    The Colts still need a QB.

    Will Brady retire if he wins another Super Bowl?

    Looks like Ben Roethlisberger will be back, but the Steelers know his time is running out.

    The Jags need a QB.

    The Jets may go after another QB.

    Brees is apparently retiring.

    DeSean Watson says he wants out of Houston.

    Stafford was essentially dealt for a first rounder PLUS, with the rest of the picks going to the Lions in compensation for taking on Goff's contract.

    Mariota may be a hot commodity.

    Carr could be an even hotter commodity if he were on the market.

    I still think this offseason will be one of the most interesting in several years. We may see two or three more moves.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    So, the Rams get Stafford for Goff in a blockbuster deal.

    The Colts still need a QB.

    Will Brady retire if he wins another Super Bowl?

    Looks like Ben Roethlisberger will be back, but the Steelers know his time is running out.

    The Jags need a QB.

    The Jets may go after another QB.

    Brees is apparently retiring.

    DeSean Watson says he wants out of Houston.

    Stafford was essentially dealt for a first rounder PLUS, with the rest of the picks going to the Lions in compensation for taking on Goff's contract.

    Mariota may be a hot commodity.

    Carr could be an even hotter commodity if he were on the market.

    I still think this offseason will be one of the most interesting in several years. We may see two or three more moves.
    What is Carr's value? First and third? First and second? He is worth at least at much as Stafford.

    If Indy offered their first this year, a third this year and a second next year, would you bite?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •