Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got my Moderna vaccine yesterday.

Got my Moderna vaccine yesterday.

Being part of the 1A group I was able to get my vaccine and wanted to share my experience since many are concerned. Although technically retired. I will be working for the health department very soon to do vaccines. The roll out has been too slow.

Was injected with 0.5 ml in left deltoid and didn't even feel the injection. Then waited 15 minutes and without a reaction left. I have no symptoms as of yet. Last night my arm was sore with movement. Same for today. I was hoping to actually get some sub clinical symptoms which would let me know its working.

I will update any changes.

My second shot it scheduled for Feb 10th when at that point I should have about 50% immunity. A couple weeks after the 2nd shot your immunity should range up to 90-95%

If we get those shots out to most of the population we should get back to some normalcy and a full Stadium.
    Last edited by rabidraider; 01-20-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    wanted to share my experience since many are concerned..
    I am not concerned. I won't be taking the vaccine. I refuse to.
    Godzilla vs Kong Trailer gave me a Boner

Day two arm has soreness with movement but has that feel likes it going away. No symptoms at all.

Assigned by health department to open new vaccination site in South Jersey, Will do orientation in next couple of days. State want to push things along and will be doing 1b those over 65 and 16-64 with disease processes.

Good to hear the effects were negligible. Glad you're doing well. Looking forward to the vaccine being available to the regular joes like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Good to hear the effects were negligible. Glad you're doing well. Looking forward to the vaccine being available to the regular joes like myself.
    Day 3 arm fine no symptoms, 2 friends who had Covid got the vaccine and had some Covid symptoms but nothing like the real Thing. Both in 40s were sick as dogs when initially sick. In south Jersey we are opening two big additional sites this week. Its going to start to move exponential. Contact you county health department(online) for sign ups. At least that is how we do it here.

Had training at a swab site today. Steady lines, scared people. Be safe.

Arm soreness when away two days ago. Never got the sub clinical symptoms. Looking forward to second shot. Data shows the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are “essentially 100 percent effective against serious disease, Means 90-95% effective for no disease and 5-10% could get covid, but not get sick enough to be hospitalized or vented with lung damage. Talk about a home run.

Arm soreness when away two days ago. Never got the sub clinical symptoms. Looking forward to second shot. Data shows the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are “essentially 100 percent effective against serious disease, Means 90-95% effective for no disease and 5-10% could get covid, but not get sick enough to be hospitalized or vented with lung damage. Talk about a home run.
    I'm looking forward to getting the vaccine when it becomes available in Hawaii to non-medical staff...
    Follow me on Twitter: BobCarrNFL
    Follow me on Instagram: BobCarrNFL

Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    I'm looking forward to getting the vaccine when it becomes available in Hawaii to non-medical staff...
    I was just hired per diem (coming out of retirement for a bit) by the local health department to help in the vaccination roll out. NJ is starting to branch out into hubs that spread out the demand. I think nationwide its going to get exponentially better. I believe the mRNA vaccines are truly science at it best. You should have an opportunity to get vaccinated very soon. Key is to stay safe until then. Getting the shot is like Christmas x100.

I was just hired per diem (coming out of retirement for a bit) by the local health department to help in the vaccination roll out. NJ is starting to branch out into hubs that spread out the demand. I think nationwide its going to get exponentially better. I believe the mRNA vaccines are truly science at it best. You should have an opportunity to get vaccinated very soon. Key is to stay safe until then. Getting the shot is like Christmas x100.
    Thanks rabid for your service! I'm also worried about the side effects, especially for my parents who are in their 80s. But I read the older you are the less chance of side effects due to older people having immune systems that are not up to par as compared to younger people. Which means older people's immune systems won't react to the vaccination and therefore not have much side effects. Would you agree with this assessment?

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    Thanks rabid for your service! I'm also worried about the side effects, especially for my parents who are in their 80s. But I read the older you are the less chance of side effects due to older people having immune systems that are not up to par as compared to younger people. Which means older people's immune systems won't react to the vaccination and therefore not have much side effects. Would you agree with this assessment?
    No thanks needed. You are 100% correct. We watch everyone for 15 minutes and 30 minutes if they have an allergy history. After that free to go. Reactions are very rare. Younger people have a stronger immune response and can get the sub clinical blas for a day but the older you are less chance. If a person had Covid the vaccine can give you a rough couple of days. Your parents will do fine.
    Last edited by rabidraider; 01-18-2021 at 01:30 PM.