Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raiders Projected To Be 7 Million Over The Cap For 2021

I'm not worried about the salary cap. We have way too many players that can be jettisoned without missing a step on the field. Brown is a RT. No way is a RT worth that much money. Add to the fact that he's missed half the games so far since he's been a Raider. His salary is currently at $14M. His track record suggests that he can't stay healthy. At 380 lbs, I can see why. Parker isn't the answer at RT. However, I'm sure we could find someone else for a lot cheaper which provides salary cap savings. Williams' contract is $11M. Not worth anywhere close to that amount. The good news is there's very little dead money for this free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by darthraider View Post
    i'm not worried about the salary cap. We have way too many players that can be jettisoned without missing a step on the field. Brown is a rt. No way is a rt worth that much money. Add to the fact that he's missed half the games so far since he's been a raider. His salary is currently at $14m. His track record suggests that he can't stay healthy. At 380 lbs, i can see why. Parker isn't the answer at rt. However, i'm sure we could find someone else for a lot cheaper which provides salary cap savings. Williams' contract is $11m. Not worth anywhere close to that amount. The good news is there's very little dead money for this free agency.
    easy 26 million by cutting trent and twill and their is so much crap we can cut its not funny,we can get to 35-40 easy without missing a beat

Quote Originally Posted by raiderjohn622 View Post
    yep, and there lies a competitive market for free agents. Money might just be kicked down the street into future years.

Denzelle good for example, 3 years 15 million, 1 million base, 6 million signing bonus, 3 million cap hit, but he gets 6 million the day he signs. 4 million base in 22, 4 million base in 23. So he becomes a 6 million cap hits in 22 and 23.
    half the league is way over OR just under the cap and thats without knowing how much the cap is gonna get adjusted lower,i think the days of teams over paying are over with after 2021,how in the hell does a team projected to be 95 over the cap work and lets not forget you gotta have people under contract to field a team,many of these teams are avg around 35 only or lower UNDER CONTRACT currently

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Subtract Brown and Williams and and we save 25.6 million.
    Yes, agreed! Both these guys will need to restructure or they will not be here next season. Itís that simple. I donít see Brown renegotiating, but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Imasmashu View Post
    Yes, agreed! Both these guys will need to restructure or they will not be here next season. It’s that simple. I don’t see Brown renegotiating, but we shall see.
    Brown is not a pro bowl player and is injured a lot. I don't see any team breaking the bank to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    easy 26 million by cutting trent and twill and their is so much crap we can cut its not funny,we can get to 35-40 easy without missing a beat
    We may end up using our first draft pick on Brown's replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    We may end up using our first draft pick on Brown's replacement.
    im not against us taking oline with our 1st rd pick,you gotta keep the oline fresh and full of depth at all times,we can find safety,linebacker and even dt in rd 2,3,4 of course things change via free agency

I thought maylock had us in good shape...?? What happened??
    RN4L
    F* DA BRONCOS

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi18 View Post
    I thought maylock had us in good shape...?? What happened??
    Covid 19. Salary cap is based on revenues. With empty stadiums a huge chunk of the revenues disappeared. Cap has risen annually about 10-11 million, so without Covid, 2021, we're looking at 209 million, instead it's projected to be 175 million.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderjohn622 View Post
    covid 19. Salary cap is based on revenues. With empty stadiums a huge chunk of the revenues disappeared. Cap has risen annually about 10-11 million, so without covid, 2021, we're looking at 209 million, instead it's projected to be 175 million.
    exactly and mayock does have a lot of contracts that can be cut easily with zero dead money