Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to fix the Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    this afternoon, i watched the ending of the raiders/broncos game. On the play in which jerry jeudy takes a slant for 92 yards and puts the broncos ahead 31-24 late in the game, guess who likely was at fault? You guessed it -- abram.

At the start of the play, you see heath lined up at safety on the left side of the field, near the sideline. Abram is lined up at the left hash, almost exactly in line where jeudy catches the ball. When the play starts, abram stays in place, but after a second or so, he moves up the field, closer to the bronco's line of scrimmage, leaving the area behind him wide open. Now, since he's moved up, the raiders now have three players, joyner, morrow and abram, within probably three yards of one another, all covering the same area of the field. Wtf? If abram would have simply backpedaled, he would have likely broken up the pass, got an int or at least been able to perhaps tackle jeudy. Instead, our "safety" was at the 17 yard line with three other raider defenders.

Now, admittedly, i don't know what his responsibilities were on this play. But i also know that it was ridiculous for him to cover the same area as two other raiders. No wonder we can pull back eight or nine into coverage and still have wide open receivers on the other team, because we have three players all within three yards of one another.

Stupid. Stupid.
    abrams is a block head,always looking for the splash play while never using his brain to stay in coverage,ive watch him so many games out of position or blowing coverages,i usually give player their 3rd yrs before calling em bust's but this kid has me almost pulling the trigger in his 2nd yr as a player

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    abrams is a block head,always looking for the splash play while never using his brain to stay in coverage,ive watch him so many games out of position or blowing coverages,i usually give player their 3rd yrs before calling em bust's but this kid has me almost pulling the trigger in his 2nd yr as a player
    What a COMPLETE waste of a high pick. Thanks "Mr. Vanilla"

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyHater View Post
    What a COMPLETE waste of a high pick. Thanks "Mr. Vanilla"
    abrams wasn't even a player i wanted,i had rated as a 3rd rd pick,wanted us to take tillery or sweat or mcgary

Abram as a hybrid LB...that will be very interesting. He better bulk the F up then, because I seen him getting blown up from blockers at times, and I mean sitting on his ass blown up.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him get trucked when he's trying to fill that gap and trying to stop Henry or Kamara. I didn't know he was that small until I seen Charles Woodson stand next to him and Woodson was way taller than him.

I would rather have Joyner as the hybrid, even though he's smaller, he's tougher in my opinion.