Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to fix the Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by superraider View Post
    one of the main problems with the raiders is we let our own guys walk; we could used joseph this year big time; also autrey (colts) guy having great career over there...
    Felciano (bills) a real solid guard, tj carrie and the list goes on...i am watching these playoff game and seeing all these x-raiders playing...
    i liked feliciano we keep grabbing these guys late,coaching em up and letting em go or trading em off just before they blossom into good players

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i liked feliciano we keep grabbing these guys late,coaching em up and letting em go or trading em off just before they blossom into good players
    These were Reggie Mac's late round, UDFA specialties.

It just goes to show how clueless our defensive coaches are. I always liked Joseph and Autry and was not happy when they were let go. Although Joseph was too small to cover TEs, but he could have been used in other ways, he was a pretty smart player too.

And his two plays in the secondary last year

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    It just goes to show how clueless our defensive coaches are. I always liked Joseph and Autry and was not happy when they were let go. Although Joseph was too small to cover TEs, but he could have been used in other ways, he was a pretty smart player too.
    Helped us to two victories.

How many games did Abram lose for us?

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    Helped us to two victories.

How many games did Abram lose for us?
    karl joseph was also a huge reach,small heat seeking missile with bad coverage skills in a league that is trying to protect defenseless recievers was destined to be a failure,i believe abrams is also in this mold,the league favors hard hitters but smart players,abrams is neither of these things coverage skills were always an issue but the kid could hit,we need to stay away from heat seeking missile type and just stick to good skilled players whom can hit but are smart and can cover

ps i wanted us to grab keanu neal that yr,kid could hit and cover and was smart
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 01-13-2021 at 07:10 AM.

To me

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    karl joseph was also a huge reach,small heat seeking missile with bad coverage skills in a league that is trying to protect defenseless recievers was destined to be a failure,i believe abrams is also in this mold,the league favors hard hitters but smart players,abrams is neither of these things coverage skills were always an issue but the kid could hit,we need to stay away from heat seeking missile type and just stick to good skilled players whom can hit but are smart and can cover

ps i wanted us to grab keanu neal that yr,kid could hit and cover and was smart
    It was like Joseph had finally come into his own, when we let him walk. He wasn't a player worth franchising, but he definitely is a more instinctive player in the secondary than Abrams. Abrams looks for the big hit, but also gives up the big plays because of being out of position and taking terrible angles. He needs to be a hybrid linebacker.

C,mon, give Abram a break...he playing on the worst defense in the NFL and it not all on him why we are the worst in the NFL...Hopefully Bradley will sort the defense out

Abram

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    C,mon, give Abram a break...he playing on the worst defense in the NFL and it not all on him why we are the worst in the NFL...Hopefully Bradley will sort the defense out
    I hope he improves.

His play against KC, allowing Kelce down the field wide open to win the game, was one of the worst defensive plays I've seen made by a Raider in my 55 years of being a fan. Pathetic.

Abram

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    This afternoon, I watched the ending of the Raiders/Broncos game. On the play in which Jerry Jeudy takes a slant for 92 yards and puts the Broncos ahead 31-24 late in the game, guess who likely was at fault? You guessed it -- Abram.

At the start of the play, you see Heath lined up at safety on the left side of the field, near the sideline. Abram is lined up at the left hash, almost exactly in line where Jeudy catches the ball. When the play starts, Abram stays in place, but after a second or so, he moves up the field, closer to the Bronco's line of scrimmage, leaving the area behind him wide open. Now, since he's moved up, the Raiders now have three players, Joyner, Morrow and Abram, within probably three yards of one another, all covering the same area of the field. WTF? If Abram would have simply backpedaled, he would have likely broken up the pass, got an INT or at least been able to perhaps tackle Jeudy. Instead, our "safety" was at the 17 yard line with three other Raider defenders.

Now, admittedly, I don't know what his responsibilities were on this play. But I also know that it was ridiculous for him to cover the same area as two other Raiders. No wonder we can pull back eight or nine into coverage and still have wide open receivers on the other team, because we have three players all within three yards of one another.

Stupid. Stupid.
    Last edited by raiderman41; 01-13-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    it was like joseph had finally come into his own, when we let him walk. He wasn't a player worth franchising, but he definitely is a more instinctive player in the secondary than abrams. Abrams looks for the big hit, but also gives up the big plays because of being out of position and taking terrible angles. He needs to be a hybrid linebacker.
    dont be surprised if under gus abrams is turned into a derwin james type of player (HYBRID) we may use him to even rush the passer/stuff the run and some short coverage
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 01-13-2021 at 12:57 PM.