Thread: Worst Defense In The NFL ???

Worst Defense In The NFL ???

If we're not the worst, we're close to it.

Here's some shockingly bad stats tweeted by Josh Dubow....

*Since the start of 2018, #Raiders have 56 sacks, 20 fewer than the next worst team (Mia) and 45.8 below league average. In the 3 pvs seasons, Raiders were tied for 24th w/ 94 sacks, 15.4 below league average.

*The RAIDERS are currently sitting at #32 of 32 in points allowed per drive with 2.86. Jax is at 2.81 and Dallas is at 2.79 to round out the bottom 3.

Unless Guenther can get the defense playing at a respectable level, PB and the offense are going to have to drag us to the playoffs.
    Last edited by RAIDERMAN818; 11-25-2020 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Florida Raider corrected me.

When did he become Derek? I thought he was pussy boy lol

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Raider View Post
    When did he become Derek? I thought he was pussy boy lol
    Fixed it for ya.

Happy Thanksgiving

It been a tough season for the defense...we got about 5 starter from last season and we just need continue with the building block; our DT department not too good as we got Hankins who I think is good; then there Collins who has not really work out...and not sure what the deal with Hurst as why he not starting, but after that it drop off to practice squard players....

I think we really need to stay with what we got next season and just build on it a little...it no good getting rid of another 5 players and replacing them as that will push us back to square one again with learning the playbook all over again....quite a few mistake have been with players out of position.....

It's time to leave not make new threads. Coward.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    If we're not the worst, we're close to it.

Here's some shockingly bad stats tweeted by Josh Dubow....

*Since the start of 2018, #Raiders have 56 sacks, 20 fewer than the next worst team (Mia) and 45.8 below league average. In the 3 pvs seasons, Raiders were tied for 24th w/ 94 sacks, 15.4 below league average.

*The RAIDERS are currently sitting at #32 of 32 in points allowed per drive with 2.86. Jax is at 2.81 and Dallas is at 2.79 to round out the bottom 3.

Unless Guenther can get the defense playing at a respectable level, PB and the offense are going to have to drag us to the playoffs.
    There is a reason the Raiders signed McKinley, Beasley, and Irving. The pass rush is definitely lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    There is a reason the Raiders signed McKinley, Beasley, and Irving. The pass rush is definitely lacking.
    Yeah, when you see the actual numbers - that over the last 2.5 seasons (42 games) we're dead last in sacks, with a total of 56 and the next lowest total is 76 - that's just shockingly bad.

It's a little late in the game and we don't know what, if anything, Beasley, McKinley, and Irving can offer in the way of help....but at least we're trying.

Gruden's head must have been exploding when he saw the tape of the Mahomo to Kelce game winning TD. The entire Defensive Line was bunched up 10 yards outside of the hash to Mahomo's left. Not a single pass rusher even close to Mahomo and the entire field to Mahomo's right completely vacant.

Abram rightfully gets blasted for vacating his zone, but WTF was going on with the DL that play ?

I'm glad we're trying to address the pass rush problem with these signings but also think Guenther has some explaining to do. Just too many breakdowns - epitomized by that play - for this not to be a coaching issue too.

Seems like no matter how many players we add through the draft and free agency the defense just continues to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Yeah, when you see the actual numbers - that over the last 2.5 seasons (42 games) we're dead last in sacks, with a total of 56 and the next lowest total is 76 - that's just shockingly bad.

It's a little late in the game and we don't know what, if anything, Beasley, McKinley, and Irving can offer in the way of help....but at least we're trying.

Gruden's head must have been exploding when he saw the tape of the Mahomo to Kelce game winning TD. The entire Defensive Line was bunched up 10 yards outside of the hash to Mahomo's left. Not a single pass rusher even close to Mahomo and the entire field to Mahomo's right completely vacant.

Abram rightfully gets blasted for vacating his zone, but WTF was going on with the DL that play ?

I'm glad we're trying to address the pass rush problem with these signings but also think Guenther has some explaining to do. Just too many breakdowns - epitomized by that play - for this not to be a coaching issue too.

Seems like no matter how many players we add through the draft and free agency the defense just continues to suck.
    Gruden never should have fired Buckner. Buckner is younger and shows more fire then that corpse Marinelli.