Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Jacobs

Josh Jacobs

Why is he getting a pass from fans? 116-394 for a 3.4 average. His longest carry is 16 yards. I'm sorry but his play is downright awful. If his last name were Carr, fans would be calling for his head. I'm tired of all the talk of missed tackles and effort. He just isn't getting done. A 3.4 YPC average is beyond bad. He is not facing 8 man boxes , so that isn't an excuse. He could be injured and the Raiders are not disclosing it. The line has been a little banged up, that should not be an excuse. Every team has injuries to the line. His running in the red zone has been even worse. The eagles were starting 5 backup lineman and Sanders was averaging over 6 yards a carry. It's why you don't draft RB's in the first round.

I think it just comes down to opposing teams focusing on him because he's been our most reliable player besides Waller. Since the whole world knows when we're running the ball they make adjustments to try and stop him. That and he's probably dinged up from taking damage as a result. I'm not too worried. When we start threating teams deep more often Jacobs will have more room to run.

Fantasy football wise buy low on josh jacobs he is a league winner at a rock bottom price now,trade for him everywhere

I think he's a little dinged up. Plus we, unfortunately, are slightly predictable when it comes to formations in which we run vs when we throw the ball...

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    I think he's a little dinged up. Plus we, unfortunately, are slightly predictable when it comes to formations in which we run vs when we throw the ball...
    Almost always a run on first down.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Why is he getting a pass from fans? 116-394 for a 3.4 average. His longest carry is 16 yards. I'm sorry but his play is downright awful. If his last name were Carr, fans would be calling for his head. I'm tired of all the talk of missed tackles and effort. He just isn't getting done. A 3.4 YPC average is beyond bad. He is not facing 8 man boxes , so that isn't an excuse. He could be injured and the Raiders are not disclosing it. The line has been a little banged up, that should not be an excuse. Every team has injuries to the line. His running in the red zone has been even worse. The eagles were starting 5 backup lineman and Sanders was averaging over 6 yards a carry. It's why you don't draft RB's in the first round.
    Think it more to do with Trent Brown not in the game...I think when Brown started for the Chief, Jacob had a decent game and I think Booker also had a very good
    game...

Jacobs will improve when Brown and Incognito return. Gruden should call a bomb to Ruggs on a first down in the first quarter. It will keep the defense from stacking the run for the rest of the game.

the passing game is gonna be severely hampered with 30-40 mph winds and gust's up to 50 mph

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    the passing game is gonna be severely hampered with 30-40 mph winds and gust's up to 50 mph
    They should be able to throw the ball short-intermediate though. Especially in 2 of the 4 quarters, depending on which way they head. Hopefully we win the coin toss so we can decide where we go and get the better side of the field in the 4th quarter.

Starting offensive line has played like 4 snaps together if even that? The line keeps getting shuffled around and the backups are serviceable enough but not for Jacobs run style. He's patient and looks for holes. Richard and Booker seem more suitable to a zone style, one cut, and run type which is why I believe they are having more success in terms of ypc throughout any given game.